Checked out!

Don't feel like working, so here I am blogging. You're welcome :)

Career!
After 10 years in this career – I’ve decided, “IT IS TIME!”, 
and it’s for real this time.
I mustered the courage to submit my 4 month notice back in August 
so there’s enough time to find my replacement.
 My last day is next Friday and still no replacement. 
I’ve spent the last couple of weeks training 3 people to carry out my responsibilities until a replacement is found. 
And yes, there will never be another me, 
but I’m sure there’s someone close enough out there. Too shua ha!

I had not planned on working for anyone else after I resigned. 
I planned to work for myself. 
I started a small consulting business on the side a while back and by resigning, it would free up my time to focus on this and my photography.

My parents were told about my plans and resignation, bless their souls
called to check if I was ok and made sure I wasn’t going through a midlife crisis. 

Mom: “ua leaga lou ulu? You just bought a house and you’re resigning with no back up plan? Do you plan to find another job? How will you pay for your mortgage and take care of your children?” My MIL emailed to check that I wasn’t losing my mind. 
My friends can’t believe that I really am doing this so they keep texting, 
emailing and asking if it’s really true.

seriously people- can't a girl catch a fecking break and do NOTHING without being questioned? SHIET!!!!

The truth is, I just wanted to take a fucking break and not have to worry about projects, deadlines, clients, putting out fires and I was fecking tired of the bullshit work politics.

 I was to be unemployed and I was NOT worried one bit about it. 
Nada. 
Zilch.
 NO worries at all. 

If you know me, you know this is really scary because I am low key nazi planner and I plan everything that happens in my life. 
From the moment I wake in the morning to when I put my head on my pillow to sleep at night. 
I have a plan for everything. 
However, this time, I had no plan. 
I knew what I wanted to do, but I just wanted to take a damn break 
before I plan how to slay my next goal.

The list of things I looked forward to while unemployed involved around;
·        Sleeping in
·        Eating ice cream in bed.
·        Binge watch the Crown until the wee hours of the morning.
·        Pick up my kids from school and taking them to the library.
·        Take my kids to football practice.
·        More fun activities with the kids.
·        hit the gym regularly
·        doing absolutely NOTHING

I looked forward to doing all the damn things I never had time for when my career consumed my life.

Alas, the universe has other plans for me and an opportunity landed on my lap a couple weeks ago that I just couldn’t turn down. 
Funny thing was…I wasn’t even looking for a job, 
yet people 3 job offers in a matter of days. 
Viia le Alii.

Needless to say, my plans to slay being an unemployed bum and a fabulous stay at home mom are on hold until….maybe a year? Bhahahaha

Christmas Shopping!
There is literally 2 more weeks until Christmas and I have f*k all to do. The husband was adamant that I buy the presents for the kids this year because he’s done it for the last 4 years – like seriously? Who’s counting this shit?

I haven’t bought any presents for my kids. 
Haven’t bought for my team at work. 
Haven’t bought for my parents. 
Given the Christmas hype and the Christmas crazies, I pretty much want to flush my 
Christmas To Do list down the toilet!

In other news, I'm buying myself a MacBook Air for Christmas coz I blardy hell deserve it!

What's everyone's plans for the holidays?

Comments

Fotu said…
My darling, you will slay no matter what, coz that's just what you do! You've got this!!! Here's to an awesome 2018 for us both! Love love xox
Sina Tupou said…
LOL at Christmas present buying tracking!!! Sorry, but the record shows what the record shows.

Congratulations on whichever path you chose to own this year, unemployed bum or not! Trust your instincts xo

Popular posts from this blog

that cheating *basket*

Outrageous 'saogamea'