random meanderings
December is around the corner and
I’ve been feeling my age
creeping up on me lately.
Yes, I get it, lots of good life ahead to appreciate.
But, there is this bitch in my ear whispering that
I am not as young as I used to be.
I am not as young as I used to be.
I'm 30 ish – and I hope I’m owning the ‘30s is the new 20s’ hehehe.
Anxiety attacks from
balancing work, family and life in the past 7 years
has positively fast-tracked
my aging by a decade (at least)
– that much I’m sure !
Earlier this year
during some pregnancy complications, my OBGYN said something that got a light
bulb flickering in my brain somewhere,
“with every pregnancy, your body changes
because your body is not as young, tight, and elastic as it used to be!”
(yeah
she said elastic…bitch whaaaaaaaaAAA?)
Her words ring truth - my life is going through it's own changes,
my body is constantly changing,
my skin is...not so much elastic
and my brain? - changing like WOW!
my body is constantly changing,
my skin is...not so much elastic
and my brain? - changing like WOW!
Like I’m always forgetting where I last
put my car keys.
Last week, my 7yr old found my keys by the baby food in the
fridge!
I still have plenty
goals I want to achieve (and getting a tummy tuck is high on that list)
And my kids…these buggers are getting older too.
Their childhoods
feel like they’re marching to a number,
slipping away like a warm summer breeze.
I am overwhelmed!
I feel stuck!
Stuck at work and missing out on
making memories with my children.
I know I can wiggle myself out of this hole; because
I know what the struggle is.
I’ve always been a workaholic,
but I’ve also convinced myself that
being a workaholic is not a bad thing!
I am providing for my family (and an
extra pair of shoes)
I shouldn’t feel bad about it.
But alas, here we are
again, back at square 1,
with work dictating how much time I get to spend with
my family.
This balancing act is a real BIATCH!
I need to find my balance and all will be right in my world!
Whatever life throws my way going forward
- I know I need to take
care of my body, my brain,
cherish my babies, say my prayers, and grab hold of
all my dreams
– every single one of them..
no matter how small, big or crazy
they may be!
Comments