pokies and ish

3 weeks ago, I drank that nasty sugar drink that all pregnant women had to take to find out if they've got gestational diabetes.

3 hours later, I felt my ass was about to break into half from sitting the whole time.

Next day - Doctor called "You are boarderline diabetic" meaning, she wanted me to change my diet etc to control my diabetes. the fuggggg? what diet?

Anyhow, fast forward to 3 weeks later, my fasting or sugar levels when i first wake in the morning are still 10pts higher than the actual normal levels. I put off the insulin and told the doctor to give me a couple of weeks to fix  it the natural way like....an unwanted amount of walks around the block, up and down the stairs at work instead of using the darn elevator, consuming copious liters of water and veges...my sugar levels were still at a high....blardy shat!

Doctor visit yesterday : " Don't worry, it's not you, its the hormones and the fasting or early morning one is usually the hardest one to control because of the hormones. So we're starting you on the insulin!"

GREAT!!!!!! scary shit!!! I hate needles and pokies etc.

I got home and explained to the hubby what will happen every night from now on until this baby comes out. I asked him to help with the nightly insulin routine starting last night.

While I was prepping the medicine, the bugga just sat there sweating, shaking and looked like he was about to shit his pants. I handed him the insulin needle and waited for what seemed like forever because he kept pulling back.

"Will you just poke me already? sheesh"

"I can't do it........" squinty eyes and all

"Oh for farks sakes" grab the darn needle off of him and inject the darn thing myself.

leai gi polo a gei kamaloloa aikae ia se

over and under

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here