Ha! Never say Never

Since my last post, a lot has changed. Well maybe not that much but the way things have been in my own life lately, it is A LOT to take in, especially now, this exact moment and time in my life.

When I had my last child, I said 'that was it, no more babies'. 

Not because I didn't want anymore but because I had such a rough time with both my pregnancies.

Rough as in, throwing up 5-6 times a day and a severe case of low iron. I was also always in the 1% of something with pregnant women - the worst was an unstoppable rash that made me literally sit in my neighbors pool everyday from 12-6pm everyday for the last 3 weeks of my first pregnancy.

My first pregnancy, I was sick for a whooping total of 8 months. My second, I was sick for 7 months..then I pigged out until i gave birth.

A while back we found out I was pregnant.
Reaction - wasn't thrilled at all.
First thought - File a lawsuit against my hospital and the damn IUD that's supposed to hold me over for 5 years.
Truth - I was mostly scared shitless

The worst part about being pregnant is the morning sickness...or in my case...all day everyday sickness.
This time around, I get migraines everyday - no joke! - never had that with the first two. So trying to cope with the migraines while at work is a story for another day.

I've been trying all sorts of home remedies to rid of the pain. Ginger was definitely NOT my favorite.
Fortunately, I found some relief in weekly massages and Doterra Oils, mainly the Past tense - which isn't my favorite smell but it definitely does the trick with the migraines.

17 weeks in - I'm still throwing up 6-8 times a day everyday. I've been getting an IV treatment every week and so far, 6 iron transfusions.

"The next time we will start these earlier on" says the nurse

HA! There is no next time - me thinks in my head

Added bonus? - I get my California King Size bed all to myself to flop on....mainly...toss and turn on.
Yes - Since I started getting sick, I also couldn't stand the smell of my husband. (thats a first)
For the first 3 weeks, the living room was my sanctuary. I turned our couch into a bed because our room and bathroom reeked of my husband. YUTTY.

However, after a while, the couch was getting too soft/uncomfortable (or maybe it was getting floppy from me being too heavy) - I decided to spring clean my bedroom and bathroom, even went as far as buying new bedding and new rugs for both the room and bathroom - drama queen much? hell yeah

Needless to say, the hubby got home that day and I had relocated all his necessities into the guest room and the boys bathroom. Mama's gotta have her space :)

Last night, I went to church gathering. 2 of us present were pregnant. For most part of the night, everyone was sharing their pregnancy stories. There were lots of 'oooooohhhhhhs' and 'aaaahhhhhhhhs' etc etc.

I was actually the only one with bad pregnancy experiences. Everyone shared mostly the same...along the lines of .......

1. aawwwww...I loved being pregnant, it's the most beautiful thing ever
2. It's magical to know that you're growing a person inside and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
3. I love being pregnant and seeing my tummy grow...never know how big your tummy can stretch its amazing
4. I get to relax and the hubby tends to my every whim.

.....blah blah blah shudup already.

When it was my turn, i was almost ashamed to anything, because all I was going to share was how horrible being pregnant really is and I am never getting pregnant again coz I ain't going through this hell anymore.

Of course I didn't say that - all i said was 'Oh its alright!' before I excused myself to go pee! eeeeekkkkk

Anyways, I sneaked away after the bathroom break and went back to my home, where I didn't have to listen to anymore gooey pregnancy stories - I may have thrown up if I had stayed any longer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here