#SingleMomStatus

So it's been 5 weeks since I left my children in Samoa and became a single mom!

Boy I was loving that first week of single mommyhood!
No kids to run after woohooo!
My house was clean and in order all the time, 
laundry was 3 times less than usual, 
I could actually sleep in and not have to worry about face slaps and breakfast demands 
definitely enjoying the break from mopping the bathroom floor everyday to get rid of the 'sosogo' smell from hit and miss accidents!
and am loving that I get the TV all to myself. 
NO boys to hog the TV playing playstation!

Ahhhhhhhh life was a bliss.

By end of 2nd week, I was getting really bored and homesick! (yes, Home is where your kids are)
I got updated on all my shows, have watched all the movies my heart desired BUT missing my hugs and kisses from my babies *sob sob*

3rd week, the hubby and I decided to go to Vegas for the USA Sevens and cheer on the Boys in Blue, who may I add, were playing horribly! Nonetheless, we still walked around Boyd Stadium in our Manu Samoa Jerseys all 3 days. lol #loyalfans Returned to Hawaii and felt homesick and bored all over again!!!!

4th week - I made a countdown calendar to March 20th and was doing anything and everything to keep my mind off my boys - make the time go faster sorta thing!

It just so happened, lots of shit hit the fan at work and now I'm working 10 days straight 9am-9pm.
I've also signed up as a volunteer for all these community events going in the next 2 weeks.

3 more weeks then we get to go home and bring our babies back!

And in the midst of all these, we've been judged as bad parents for leaving our children in Samoa for 2 months to spend time with their grandparents, learn their language/culture, and experience the FaaSamoa!

"how can you do that?"
"Don't you miss them?"
"I'd never leave my kids like that ever"
"they must not love their children"

In all honesty, what we do with our children is OUR own business!
Whatever reason we left them with their grandparents, is our own business!
To say that we are selfish parents with no love for our children, is total bullshit!

So I say to you, you who loves to pass judgement, you who thinks everyone's daily lives is your business, you who got nothing better to do, YOU, yes SelfRighteous YOU - 
BITCH PUHLEEZE - Get a life and Get over yourself!

Comments

NetsG said…
The amount of judging going around these days is mind boggling. Its as if people tune out of their own lives and into someone else's, make popcorn and then judge people they know nothing about. I'm loving TnTs trip updates and I think it's really brave and unconditional of you both to let them soak up some Culture, Grandparent love, live a village kids life etc. When we have (a'o le when la a si mea lol) children I hope we are brave enough to do exactly the same if we're not already back on the rock xx
kuaback said…
hahaha Yes when you have children Betty, they will love every minute of their time in the islands and will only say hi and bye when you Skype them all the while, you're trying to hold a brave face and not break down and cry. hehehe. thanks for stopping by darling xo

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here