overdosed and over it

So the past 2 weeks have been ……. amazing and miserable all at the same time!

I had a friend who came to visit - that was the fun part.
He got sick and spread his germs to me - that was the not so fun part.

So I got sick!
As usual, I diagnosed myself with the 'usual cold'.
Medication: Amoxil topped with Ibuprofen and you'll be ship shape tomorrow!
Thank you doctor kuaback!

That weekend, I was still sick, getting worse i might add - so I checked myself into the nearest Kaiser Permanente clinic.

The doctor diagnosed me with pneumonia - YAY. FUN. NOT

Monday came around - shat, I can't stay home today - there's shit load of work to do - people to see things to do yadiyadiya!

By 1pm, I was feeling the effects of being a fiapoko and not staying home. I suddenly felt a very sharp pain in my left ear. 2hours later i couldn't sit still and my head was spinning.

Left work early and went straight into the clinic - this time, diagnosed with an ear infection.

got my medicine and came home.

The rest of Monday and Tuesday was NO fun at all. The medication wasn't helping so I decided to HELL with putting up with this sh*t…I need stronger pain meds.

Early wednesday morning, I called the hubby at work and asked him 'nicely' to report home 'immechietly' and take me to doctor. NO clinic was open at 6am so we ended up at the Kaiser ER!

The doctor said "ouch! it looks bad"
duh shithead - there's a reason we're back here!

He prescribed me Vicodin and some ear drops and we were out of there!

the Vicodin helped A LOT! whewww….well UNTIL…i lost track of the timing and uummmm accidentally overdosed myself…se aikae ia se! IOE!

I was taking too many pills, not enough food and uummm…i mixed up my medication while i was drugged in the middle of the night.

Thursday morning was when i felt it - bad tummy ache, my head was spinning out of control, my tummy was trying to jump into my chest, and then the full works started - vomiting like no one's business. I could NOT move. and for dramatic effect, i told my hubby who was trying to help me 'I think I'm dying!' bhahahahaha…choohooo…aikalo ia se!

Long story short, ambulance came, fire department showed up as well!
hauled me down from our 2nd floor apartment in a stretcher, into ambulance while our neighbors watched on. Damn these people - privacy hello! faikakala….

As I was getting carried down, I heard my eldest baby ask the fireman - "Hey, where are you taking my mommy?" and he replied "don't worry son, we gonna take real good care of your mommy"
It was sweet and heartbreaking at the same time that all this happened while my poor boys looked on!

That was the worst experience I've ever had, other than my c-section recovery!

I wouldn't wish it on anyone…even my worst enemy - if I had any ;)

If you are reading this - please don't take your health for granted.
Don't be a fiapoko and self diagnose yourself - see a doctor!
Pay attention to your medication!
and for farks sakes - stay home and get fully recovered before returning to work!
Life can be taken away just like that - take care of yourself!





Comments

Siusega said…
OMG! Ifatopo baaad! Stop your self diagnosis woman! Hope you're better, kalofae :( Lots of love from me and the girls xox
kuaback said…
i know i know...lol.
the huspandy now calls me - Dr. Fiapoko
hugs back to you and the little divas xo

Popular posts from this blog

that cheating *basket*

Outrageous 'saogamea'