look for the little reminders!
The past couple of weeks have been quite challenging for me - to say the least!
On top of everything I'm doing, I got appointed as a CDI for the Chamber of Commerce!
I was excited and humbled but I was also drawn back at the thought of trying to organize my life in order so I am not running around like a mad woman!
As was expected, there is so much going on that I can't even begin to comprehend how overwhelmed I got this past week! Meeting after meeting, session after session, dialogues left and right, decision decisions - my brain was literally fried!
So as I was having a pity party feeling all sorts of sorry for myself - I thought of saying a prayer *stop rolling your eyes - true story* I don't remember that last time I prayed.. My stress levels were up to my eyeballs and I needed just at least an hour to myself, clear my head, and NOT THINK!
After my short prayer, I went for a walk
As I was walking down the street (all lost in my own little world) I bumped into a brother from church.
As if he knew what I was going through - he gave me the biggest hug and the biggest smile that all of sudden turned my frown up-side down!!!!! We didn't even talk! he just turned around saw me, gave me the biggest smile and a huge hug!
I kept walking, feeling a tad bit better - I came across 2 of my girls from my Young Women program. They saw me and they ran towards me all excited.
They as well, gave me the biggest hugs and the biggest miles.
We talked and they walked with me for a bit as I was going the same direction as them.
I kept walking and saw a homeless mom and her 2 children they were probably the same ages at TnT.
I know they're homeless because I see them at the 'Goodwill drop off' digging through for clothes!
They were waiting at the bus station with trash bags, i'm assuming of clothes! Probably setting up by the bus station to sleep!
After my 30min walk, i got home and started thinking back to my previous weeks remembering the good things, the positive things.
In the midst of all the chaos, my kids were still smiling.
I get home and am greeted with open arms for warm hugs and big kisses.
After a long busy stressful day, my husband still takes time to massage my feet before he goes off to work.
I get random big hugs and smiles on my walks.
I get to sleep to sleep in a comfortable bed with a roof over my head.
I have meaningful conversations every Tuesday night with my Young Women girls and my Young women Sisters!
I get to work with so many powerful women who's lives are way more chaotic than mine yet they are very well put together than I am or I ever will be!
I get beautiful messages from my team members thanking me for empowering them and just being an inspiration!
These little messages, these little reminders are all Heavenly Father's way of telling me,
that he is there for me. That he cares!
That I am his daughter and that he loves me.
I am reminded that through Heavenly Father, I can do everything and
I should be thankful and grateful for the opportunities I'm blessed with.
I am reminded that faith and the power of prayer can carry me through
no matter what gets thrown my way
I am reminded of my individual worth.
I am reminded of Choice and accountability.
I am reminded of Divine Nature
I am reminded of Good Works, Integrity and Virtue
I am reminded of knowledge
Personal Progress - It definitely takes time, but, just remember, every step of the way, Heavenly Father is there guiding and helping you through!
I don't mean to preach- but I decided to write this for anyone out there who is having a bad/down day!
If you think no one loves you, and no one cares - WRONG! Heavenly Father loves you no matter what!
Have a great week my blogger friends!



Comments