Never let a man shop for emergency food

In the last couple of days as the whole of Hawaii prepare for the double hurricanes, I asked my husband to go shopping for some food to add to our pantry 'just in case'.

Before he hopped on the plane to Brisbane this morning, he made a last minute run yesterday early evening before I got off from work. (This is after I asked him 3 times since 3 days ago to get the shopping done because I was too busy at work)

I got home last night to find
- 4 gallons of milk
- 2 boxes of chicken
- 2 boxes of orange crush
- 3 loaves of bread
- 2lbs of mince meat

SERIOUSLY! if the electricity goes out tonight, we wouldn't have any way to cook the food because we don't have a gas stove. The meat will go bad so I would have to throw them away. What a waste of money!

I was expecting cans of tuna, spam and vienna sausages.

Bloody bafoon!

I wanted to yell and throw a fit, but then I remembered he would be flying in bad weather conditions the following morning so I decided to be nice 'just in case'!

Gosh, that took A Lot!

#ABlogADayChallenge #Day 5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here