Dear T&T…STOP growing!
It just dawned on me that my kids are growing too fast….like….wayyyyyyy too FAST!
The things they say sometimes make me wonder weather they're 5 & 3 or 15 & 13
And while I'm out balancing other people's books and ensuring I run a tight ship at work, Tai is reading to his little brother at home, and teaching himself and his little brother his tauloto for the Children's Primary Program at church next month.
Taui literally makes his own breakfast - pours cereal & milk or he cracks open a yogurt topped with Belvitta crackers.
Tai washes dishes, and can start a laundry load.
He even corrects the things little brother says.
while I was sitting at my computer tonight working out next month's budget, Taui came up to me and said "Mom, are you loading down?"
I was silent for a moment trying to figure out what he means when Tai corrected him "It's not loading down brother its 'downloading'. Mom are you downloading us a new movie?"
And #fail mother moment.
I shouldn't even try for the best mother of the year award anymore. #fail.com
some of the things they say that cracks me up
Tai: when we were at the playground today mom, Taui was holding girl's hands. And he said thats his girlfriend. He has different girlfriends everyday at the playground!
Taui: mommy can we go to Foodland and buy me a baby sister?
Tai: mom, I think you have a baby in your tummy
Taui: (every time he skypes with my parents) Papa can i come see you and Nana? can you pay my fare coz my mommy don't have any monies
Tai: Taui is always cheeky to me and doesn't listen when i tell him to stop! You should talk to your son mom.
Taui: I am not a boyfriend, I'm just a boy! duh!
Tai: When I grown up, I'm gonna play football and make lots of money for you mommy (Yup, i taught him that one the day he started talking..bhahahaha)
Taui: mommy, don't be cheeky to me, go sit in the corner NOW! you're on time out !
and my all time favorite - is when they say their bedtime prayers - they bless EVERYONE, even the homeless on the street that we give food to everyday!
aaaahhhhhhhh….time is flying! and I'm definitely rethinking my priorities and will be better at making time for my babies
Comments