Call me the unprepared FOB!
[note: I wrote this blog yesterday but got distracted and never posted it. So yes, i didn't fail the 'blog a day' challenge...bhahahahaha..ga lua fekaui ma si keige o FaamaoniILanaChallenge? lol]
---
If you didn't know, there is a storm looming about the Hawaiian Islands.
---
If you didn't know, there is a storm looming about the Hawaiian Islands.
It's 'supposed' to hit tomorrow or Thursday and it's 'supposed' to be a BIG one.
Since I've lived here... 10 years ago, I always hear these warning of big storms and tsunamis, but in the end, NOTHING hits! *knock on wood*
As members of the LDS church, we are encouraged to have our 72hour kits ready in case of emergencies. And being the absolute opposite of what a good LDS mom is supposed to be, I am not prepared and therefore my family is NOT prepared.
I have no 72hour kits ready at all!
BUT, my pantry is stocked. I just needed some water.
So I stopped by Times Supermarket on my way home from work last night and whalaaa…almost all isles were EMPTY! Water was GONE! (I figured) and it took me about 15minutes to get out of the parking lot. People are going crazy out there. It felt like a zombie apocalypse was about to break out!
Tonight, I attended our usual mutual activity with my YW. YW leaders were exchanging 72hr kits stories.
I sat there silently thinking, my gosh, what a shame if they ask me about mine and I'll have to say that I packed a rolling suitcase last night as our 72hour kit.
I swear if the storm DOES hit our shores, I'll be the first one to die because my heavy rolling suitcase will be dragging, and to top it off, I am the most unfit person I know so guarantee I won't even make it to my driveway. Or, if we survive, my family will be the first to die of starvation! aue!
So moral of the story is, get your 72hour kits ready and for farks sakes - get your coconuts in order.
BE PREPARED!
#BlogADayChallenge #Day3
BE PREPARED!
#BlogADayChallenge #Day3
Comments