I sailed the HOKULEA today!!!
So work retreat continues and today we sailed the HOKULEA!!
I feel so cool to be part of this adventure and to be on the canoe today!
The one amazing thing I took away from today was how the Hawaiians value and treasure their culture. As an fellow, islander, I could feel the 'mana' present today as the canoe took us out.
You can see the passion in crew members from miles away. Not only passion for what they do, but also passionate about what this means to their people, the legacy of HOKULEA and what this 'vaa' and 'kuleana' does to them as the 'kanaka fanua'.
It was a priceless experience - and thank you American Savings bank for being a major sponsor for the HOKULEA. I'm proud to be a part of a company who gives back n provides unwavering support for the local communities.
Follow the HOKULEA as it journeys around the world www.hokulea.org
It's meeting up with the Gaualofa in Samoa come September :)



Comments