2014 is all about being SELFISH!

So I don't mean to start off my rantings for this year on a negative note, 
BUT, 
2013, you were a damn bitch to me and I'm glad you're GONE!! choohooo...

In 2013 - I found myself working my 'ASS OFF' literally, 
and killing myself for my job 
and wanting to strangle people (ALL THE DAMN TIME) here and there, 
and maybe occasionally pictured shooting some people in the head for being.... (fill in the BLANKS)

In the end, 
I found myself HATING ME! 
hating myself! 
naaaahhhhh..that ain't gonna happen again.

Now that, that's out there, we can move on to more interesting and better things for 2014. 

After consulting and getting the expert advise of one of my wise friends who's 'been there done that', I realized my problem was 'I put everyone else's needs and shit before mine and I was doing a bit of micro-managing' (Because well, no one was getting shit done the way I wanted them to....choohoo)

Thank you Fawdu for the pep talk :)

So while taking a week OFF to recuperate, 
I stumbled upon this book online 

I felt like the damn book was speaking to me (well I don't have it as bad as Tyrese did but all in all, it was a very inspirational read. 
Check it out. 
It made me took a hard look at myself and where the heck I'm at with my goals and life. 

Sooooooo, I've decided that 2014 is ALL about SELF LOVE.


I am making this year about SELF LOVE dammit!! hehehe

I've committed myself to getting a massage every 2 weeks 
and getting my hair done once a month (yes it's a start)

It doesn't have to be extravagant!!!!
Just take time out for yourself.
Have your 'ME' time!

You have no idea what an hour massage can do for you for the rest of the week or the next two weeks

I understand that sometimes you are drowned in work and family etc etc that you forget about yourself.
 
Just remember, when you're feeling all stressed out, you know that your SELF LOVE is running low.
Your FUEL is almost finished and it's time to REFILL/REFUEL
Forget the bullish** and don't make excuses. 
MAKE the TIME to take care of you. 

Don't worry about the needs of other people, worry about your needs FIRST.

Remember, before an aircraft takes off, they always say "In case of an emergency, put on your oxygen mask first, before helping your neighbor, even your own child"

That means, you can only take care of everybody else, if you take care of yourself FIRST

have your moment, where its all about you and taking care of you

SELF LOVE is the cure

be more SELFISH!!!


Comments

amen! i need to do the same!!!! as mothers, working mothers even...it is so hard to remember that SELF CARE/LOVE is so important. This weekend I did my own nails (along with my kids nails) and did my hair to go out to a party. it was a small step but it's a start. at some point i hope i can muster enough to go clothing shopping (something i hate to do since having kids because all i want to do is shop for them)... baby steps. oh, and hi dear! it's been a while aye?
kuaback said…
Dear Darla, kudos for getting your nails and hair done. I had planned to do that this week but I ended up sleeping the whole day instead. hehehe..I can't complain, it was a much rather needed sleep.
Glad to see you back dahling. and yes it's been a while xo
Fotu said…
Do you sister! Go get your happy! You know what to do :-)
kuaback said…
If only I could afforda that Fiji getaway..hehe

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here