The SHOES have to be 'COOL' too

This past weekend, I took the 4 year old (going on 30) out shopping for some new kicks. His kuaback side surely shows in his fast-growing-now-size 13.5feet. I shake my head at how fast this little-big knucklehead is outgrowing his clothes and shoes.

So off we went to my favorite store (also the cheapest store for anything shoes..hehe) - PAYLESS

He was excited, and of course, I think I was even more excited. ha!

However, 30 minutes later, we were still stuck at the same store because uummm...this little fiapoks of mine was NOT satisfied with what PAYLESS had in stock.

"No, I don't like that one mom it's too big"

"No, I don't like that color"

"Nah, I don't like that strap thing"

"No, I want the one with the lights, but it only has planes, can i get the one with Spiderman?"

"I don't like these shoes, can we go to another store?" (No we cannot go to another store because this is the only place mommy can afford shoes)

"I don't like these shoes mom, I need COOL shoes - these shoes are ugly"

Needless to say, I was ready to throw the little shet out of the store when after all my efforts, he cried for a $45 pair of runners with blinking lights.

so uuummmmmm, yeah, that didn't happen.

I grabbed the $12 pair of perfectly functional champions that was on sale for $7, hurriedly paid for them, and basically dragged my little nightmare out to the car so we could return home, lock him in his room with his new pair of shoes and never allow him out until he learnt to love them.

I saved $38 and I won 2 brownie points for not 'salafa-ing' the boy in PAYLESS

Mommy - 1
Tai - ZERO

Comments

Sina Tupou said…
OMG I hate shoe shopping with my lil nightmare too! She will look at my suggestions (the cheap ones) and go "Ummm, maybe not." LOL. And follows it up with, "None of these shoes are good. Let's go home and order some online." Yea, whatever you do, don't introduce your boys to online shopping :)
kuaback said…
hahahahaha..NO dahling, ONLINE SHOPPING? NEVER hehehe
You get mummy points in heaven for taking your kid to buy shoes. I never do that anymore. I draw their foot to get the size, leave them at home and go buy whatever shoe I want for them. (ie. cheapest shoes on the planet) You are super mom!
kuaback said…
That is my next step Lani - this kid ain't seeing the inside of anothe shoe store until he can afford his own shoes lol

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here