A weird day at the office
Today was.....uuummmmmm....very uuummmm....boring? or was it weird? No, today was very tiring.
As in, I slept at 5am, woke at 7am, started work at 9am and by 10am, I was ready to get back in my cozy bed and sleep the rain away!!!!
Alas, there's bills to pay and I'm not Donald Trump's daughter - so there I was, soldiering on at work on a bilmmin' SATURDAY, like the faithful, stupid girlfriend stuck in a loveless relationship aaaaahhhhhh...
Needless, to say, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, nor the energy to be nice or fake a smile. So I hid in my corner minding my own business trying to get through the shitload of work that piled up the day before (my day off).
Sometime in the afternoon, an elderly lady came in demanding to speak to the manager. She was directed to my desk.
As she sat down, she gave me a serious confused look "are you the manager?"
"Yes ma'am, how can I help you today?"
her reply threw me off a little bit "No! you're just a girl, you're too young to be the manager! what? you started when you were 12?"
I chuckled and smiled at her - I love that she noticed my very youthful good looks ;-) *barf*
she stared at me as if to say "what the heck are you smiling about you stupid little girl?"
I admit, she sort of scared me a little. She wasn't very pleasant.
I realized, this old hag means serious business. She wasn't and didn't want to talk to me about her problem. She didn't want me to resolve the issue because according to her, I'm only a baby and I wouldn't know what the heck to do with her dilemma
If she was ever thinking that, she was CORRECT! because my employer don't pay me enough to be a psychiatrist!!!!!
After trying to convince her that I could help just as good as any other older manager - she shook her head and said "Ok then, I'll give you a try, but i doubt you'll know anything" yes those were her words the blunt old hag
and as if she hadn't flushed my pride down the toilet, she added "How do they pick managers today? who do you suck up to to get there?"
OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If she wasn't in a wheelchair and if this was another lifetime where I have millions in my bank account, I would've told her where to stick it.
Seriously, just because you're handicapped and live a miserable life, doesn't give you the right to judge, talk down, and treat other people like shit.
She was lucky I'm a christian - otherwise, I would've gone KungFu Panda on her
Comments