TOO MUCH
After a nice short visit with my folks back home in July, I returned to a promotion at work. At first, I was excited, after all, I killed myself going back to school in hopes of a better paying job. It's been a month and half into the new job and I'm figuring out that my life is NOT A LIFE..at all.
I feel like a demented lunatic at the end of a working day, I only see my children in the morning before dropping them off to daycare/school and maybe 3hours before bedtime. My husband is starting to get annoyed that the reason we moved closer to town was so we could spend more time as a family, however, the new changes with my job is making it difficult to have a decent family day without calls from work.
I haven't cooked a decent meal for my family in a while, I haven't gone on a date for a while, I haven't gone to the beach, haven't gone shopping - basically haven't done anything FUN at all lately. My conversations revolve around strategical reforms and coaching sessions or trying to solve HR dramas. WTF have I gotten myself into????. I feel like I'm being deprived of what makes me happy. Like eating a darn ice cream and doing a fun photoshoot.
I am basically married to my work. This work is more suited for someone with grown children or someone who is unmarried and available at all weird hours of the day or night. Definitely NOT for a mother of two young boys. Ha!
Tonight as I kiss and hug my boys goodnight, I stayed up in bed thinking that it is time to get this job thing sorted. My family isn't happy. I'm not happy which means sacrifices have to be made. decisions decisions. Why does it always have to be so complicated?
Like my mother dearest advised "the boys are still very young, they need their mother. change jobs or step down. there's plenty of jobs in the future, but the time with your boys, you will NEVER get that back". My oh so wise mother always knows what to say.
I feel like a demented lunatic at the end of a working day, I only see my children in the morning before dropping them off to daycare/school and maybe 3hours before bedtime. My husband is starting to get annoyed that the reason we moved closer to town was so we could spend more time as a family, however, the new changes with my job is making it difficult to have a decent family day without calls from work.
I haven't cooked a decent meal for my family in a while, I haven't gone on a date for a while, I haven't gone to the beach, haven't gone shopping - basically haven't done anything FUN at all lately. My conversations revolve around strategical reforms and coaching sessions or trying to solve HR dramas. WTF have I gotten myself into????. I feel like I'm being deprived of what makes me happy. Like eating a darn ice cream and doing a fun photoshoot.
I am basically married to my work. This work is more suited for someone with grown children or someone who is unmarried and available at all weird hours of the day or night. Definitely NOT for a mother of two young boys. Ha!
Tonight as I kiss and hug my boys goodnight, I stayed up in bed thinking that it is time to get this job thing sorted. My family isn't happy. I'm not happy which means sacrifices have to be made. decisions decisions. Why does it always have to be so complicated?
Like my mother dearest advised "the boys are still very young, they need their mother. change jobs or step down. there's plenty of jobs in the future, but the time with your boys, you will NEVER get that back". My oh so wise mother always knows what to say.
Comments