Happy expensive birthday
This past Friday was the hubby's birthday. I am not your typical wife so of course I didn't make breakfast in bed etc etc.
What I did do was tell him before I left for work "go buy whatever you want for your birthday" this was my lame attempt at making him feel good on his birthday because....well, I got too busy with work and other things that I didn't even get my poor husband a present or even plan anything aka I totally forgot about his birthday.
What I forgot to do was put a price cap on that darn statetment. What I should've said was "here's $100, go buy yourself whatever you want"
3 hours later, the hubby called and I could hear his excitment on the phone.
"Guess what I got for my birthday babe?"
"What?"
"A DJ system. It came with a the box too. It's usually $1400 and the box is usually $300 but I got it for a steal. ONLY $680 for the whole thing including the box"
I stopped listening at $1400...........................................WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a one way ticket to England for the RWC shat shat shat.
Instead of cussing him out - I took a deep breath, swallowed everything nice that was ready to fly out of my mouth and said "ooohhhhh cool" paaaaaauuuuusssseeeeee "well make sure you get some gigs then to get reimburse our budget"
muthafriggin
BUT, in all honesty, the man deserves it - Lawd knows how hard he works everyday and how hard he works to put up with me and all my craziness.
So i guess it's noodles and water at our household for a while choohooo
Happy birthday darling
What I did do was tell him before I left for work "go buy whatever you want for your birthday" this was my lame attempt at making him feel good on his birthday because....well, I got too busy with work and other things that I didn't even get my poor husband a present or even plan anything aka I totally forgot about his birthday.
What I forgot to do was put a price cap on that darn statetment. What I should've said was "here's $100, go buy yourself whatever you want"
3 hours later, the hubby called and I could hear his excitment on the phone.
"Guess what I got for my birthday babe?"
"What?"
"A DJ system. It came with a the box too. It's usually $1400 and the box is usually $300 but I got it for a steal. ONLY $680 for the whole thing including the box"
I stopped listening at $1400...........................................WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a one way ticket to England for the RWC shat shat shat.
Instead of cussing him out - I took a deep breath, swallowed everything nice that was ready to fly out of my mouth and said "ooohhhhh cool" paaaaaauuuuusssseeeeee "well make sure you get some gigs then to get reimburse our budget"
muthafriggin
BUT, in all honesty, the man deserves it - Lawd knows how hard he works everyday and how hard he works to put up with me and all my craziness.
So i guess it's noodles and water at our household for a while choohooo
Happy birthday darling
Comments