Are you taking care of yourself?
I'm on day 2 of a 3 day-off from work break. Instead of spending it like I usually do (cleaning house, laundry, running errands etc, I simply did ...... NOTHING domesticated.
I'm a bit guilty though, because I didn't even feel bad about doing NOTHING!
I started the day off dropping the kids to daycare/school.
Next was a 9am appointment with the chiropractor who told me that my back is basically messed up and that the muscles in my neck are sooooooooooo TIGHT it'll probably take their massage therapist a while to get these muscles to relax. I wasn't surprised at all - you see, I've been having neck and back problems since 2004 when I got whip-lashed at the Wet & Wild Hawaii (yes, I know what you thinking when you hear that ;)
I have seen countless doctors and 2 chiropractors who continue to tell me that I am totally FINE and that it is all in my head. In simple terms - they were saying that I was going kookoo in the head and making things up. So I stopped seeing the doctors about my condition (that btw, is very real) and kept it to myself for 8 years. I have been putting up with the pain and have survived because of online remedy researches and 3 Ibuprofens 3 times a day..druggie much? lol
Lately - I find myself 'blacking' out sometimes. Nothing serious, I'm still conscious but I can't see anything. My mind is functioning clearly but my vision turns black...for a while, then the while gets longer....and longer. Scared shitless, I booked a visit to the chiropractor. I've researched almost every chiropractor on the island and came across one with 5 star reviews from everyone he's seen.
Apparently my disc in my neck has moved leaving only a little part of it that is actually holding my head up. Neck muscles are strained from trying to hold up my big 13lbs head. Needless to say I am scheduled for much more than a massage for the coming weeks - blood work and scans to confirm these muscles aren't pinching a nerve that is making me blind. aueeee kai kele foi.
Because of my eye opening visit with this amazing chiropractor, I scheduled a massage 2 hours later, then a hair appointment to get a wash and blowout.
My day was going fabulous and I didn't want to go home - so I strolled over to the movie theaters and bought myself a ticket to see the BUTLER (by myself..and I loved it).
The movie finished at 4 and I still didn't want to go home - I turned into the next beauty salon and got myself and pedicure and manicure complete with a eyebrow wax.
By the time I got home, I was tired from a nice day out. I left the kids for the hubby to cater to while I took a nice hot bath, got in my penguin pajamas and off to LALA Land zzzzzzZZZZZZZz
The visit with the chiropractor was a great reminder for me to stop every once in a while and take care of me FIRST before taking care of others.
For all your hardworking moms out there - I know you all get caught up with your careers, families and life. Please, take time out for yourself. Forget the world. Everyone and everything else can wait. Please, take care of YOU.
With love,
me :)
I'm a bit guilty though, because I didn't even feel bad about doing NOTHING!
I started the day off dropping the kids to daycare/school.
Next was a 9am appointment with the chiropractor who told me that my back is basically messed up and that the muscles in my neck are sooooooooooo TIGHT it'll probably take their massage therapist a while to get these muscles to relax. I wasn't surprised at all - you see, I've been having neck and back problems since 2004 when I got whip-lashed at the Wet & Wild Hawaii (yes, I know what you thinking when you hear that ;)
I have seen countless doctors and 2 chiropractors who continue to tell me that I am totally FINE and that it is all in my head. In simple terms - they were saying that I was going kookoo in the head and making things up. So I stopped seeing the doctors about my condition (that btw, is very real) and kept it to myself for 8 years. I have been putting up with the pain and have survived because of online remedy researches and 3 Ibuprofens 3 times a day..druggie much? lol
Lately - I find myself 'blacking' out sometimes. Nothing serious, I'm still conscious but I can't see anything. My mind is functioning clearly but my vision turns black...for a while, then the while gets longer....and longer. Scared shitless, I booked a visit to the chiropractor. I've researched almost every chiropractor on the island and came across one with 5 star reviews from everyone he's seen.
Apparently my disc in my neck has moved leaving only a little part of it that is actually holding my head up. Neck muscles are strained from trying to hold up my big 13lbs head. Needless to say I am scheduled for much more than a massage for the coming weeks - blood work and scans to confirm these muscles aren't pinching a nerve that is making me blind. aueeee kai kele foi.
Because of my eye opening visit with this amazing chiropractor, I scheduled a massage 2 hours later, then a hair appointment to get a wash and blowout.
My day was going fabulous and I didn't want to go home - so I strolled over to the movie theaters and bought myself a ticket to see the BUTLER (by myself..and I loved it).
The movie finished at 4 and I still didn't want to go home - I turned into the next beauty salon and got myself and pedicure and manicure complete with a eyebrow wax.
By the time I got home, I was tired from a nice day out. I left the kids for the hubby to cater to while I took a nice hot bath, got in my penguin pajamas and off to LALA Land zzzzzzZZZZZZZz
The visit with the chiropractor was a great reminder for me to stop every once in a while and take care of me FIRST before taking care of others.
For all your hardworking moms out there - I know you all get caught up with your careers, families and life. Please, take time out for yourself. Forget the world. Everyone and everything else can wait. Please, take care of YOU.
With love,
me :)

Comments
Praying for your neck, and if treatment is required, that it all goes well.
And I hope all goes well with your chiropractor tests and visit. Take care!