I'm an Optimist
As I sit here and reflect on the past 2 months of my life, I'm shaking my head and knocking on wood remembering the BOLD decisions we've made in a very short span of time.
I'm sitting here telling myself 'dang woman you got some balls'. Yes! I'm telling myself this because I feel like I forced my other half into this whole new life we are living in a place away from our usual norm. I'm seeing it as living outside the box - or outside our normal box - out of bubble so to speak (you get the point).
I'm remembering how optimistic I was telling my husband to get his feet out of the sand and put them in the water. My husband is someone who does not want to move from some place where he's comfortable. He doesn't like to get out of his comfort zone. I, on the other hand, loves getting out of my comfort zone maybe a bit too much - going with the flow and taking risks.
When the opportunity came up to to move jobs and to move zip codes, I jumped at it and I made sure my husband was right there with me. I gave him a list of the PROS and CONS of the move. I justified everything that we were getting into and used the 'The Lord will watch over us (as always) and everything will fall into place' card. I even went as far as saying that if it didn't work out, it would be sign and we can always move back to Laie. HA!
I was pretty confident we were going to be FINE. I knew the hubby will come around. I knew my older son would find a school and we would definitely find a better daycare for the lil one. I basically knew that things would work out and the Lord will take care of us.
Fast forward to today, everything is working out wonderfully. But I'm now remembering that I never once doubt taking this step in our lives. Gawd I was making Pros and Cons list for goodness sake.
This confirms my personality test results which clearly states and categorizes me as an optimist. In fact, I'm such an optimist I actually ANNOY myself with all these back and forth conversations I have with myself in my head.
I'm sitting here telling myself 'dang woman you got some balls'. Yes! I'm telling myself this because I feel like I forced my other half into this whole new life we are living in a place away from our usual norm. I'm seeing it as living outside the box - or outside our normal box - out of bubble so to speak (you get the point).
I'm remembering how optimistic I was telling my husband to get his feet out of the sand and put them in the water. My husband is someone who does not want to move from some place where he's comfortable. He doesn't like to get out of his comfort zone. I, on the other hand, loves getting out of my comfort zone maybe a bit too much - going with the flow and taking risks.
When the opportunity came up to to move jobs and to move zip codes, I jumped at it and I made sure my husband was right there with me. I gave him a list of the PROS and CONS of the move. I justified everything that we were getting into and used the 'The Lord will watch over us (as always) and everything will fall into place' card. I even went as far as saying that if it didn't work out, it would be sign and we can always move back to Laie. HA!
I was pretty confident we were going to be FINE. I knew the hubby will come around. I knew my older son would find a school and we would definitely find a better daycare for the lil one. I basically knew that things would work out and the Lord will take care of us.
Fast forward to today, everything is working out wonderfully. But I'm now remembering that I never once doubt taking this step in our lives. Gawd I was making Pros and Cons list for goodness sake.
This confirms my personality test results which clearly states and categorizes me as an optimist. In fact, I'm such an optimist I actually ANNOY myself with all these back and forth conversations I have with myself in my head.

Comments