Envision Laie

I was never one to get involved in the community 'stuff'. However, since I've been approached several times to become a part of this group (that I never really understood before), I decided to take the time to research, ask questions and really get the 411 on what 'Envision Laie' is all about. I'm not implying that I'm an ignorant prick with no sense of community (well maybe I seem like it) but only because I try to keep my distance and try to keep my business as that - my business!

Anyhow, back to Envision Laie - all I been hearing are nay-sayers who are against this movement. 'Keep the Country, Country' is their motto. They didn't want pollution, invasion etc etc. I heard different stories from different people and everyone has their own version of what Envision Laie is trying to do.

However, Now that I've done my research, asked my questions and got the 411 -  I understand the purpose for Envision Laie and I believe this is a FANTASTIC movement. All you naysayers out there, please get off your high horse, take some time to really listen and evaluate the facts. I think people are hearing things from the grapevine - which are totally twisted stories of course - then they jump on and add to the fire. Please, I implore you to attend the next Envision Laie community meeting, listen and provide feedback instead of spreading stories.

My 2 sene on Envision Laie!

  • First of all, our community is not sustainable, we need sustainability. Envision Laie Helps us sustain our community and this region through their upcoming projects.
  •  It will provide affordable housing for the community - it is extremely difficult for people of Koolauloa to own their own homes because the real estate market is very expensive and people cannot afford to buy their own homes. The average income for a household of 4 is around $65k - 75k. The average market price of an average home is half a million. Like I said, housing is expensive, people cannot afford to buy, so mainlanders are buying out the real estate in our region which makes our region more economically depressed.
  • It creates job oppotunities - Many from our community are on the highway at 5am in the morning to get to work. Traffic is ridiculous, it takes more time away from their families. Envision Laie will provide a lot of jobs that will keep it's residents working close to home and will allow them more time with their families.
  • provide for a clean, safe environment for our children to grow up in - "Through well-thought out growth and expansion, a community where families and their children live for generations can be created"
Envision Laie is a fantastic and very smart move. I found through my short and simple research that the community I live in now is no different from my community back home. People are so quick to talk, judge and criticize, yet, they aren't doing anything to better and develop the community and are not looking to the future. We whine and complain, and when someone comes up with a fabulous plan to develop for the future, we judge, critisize before we go back to whining and complaining AGAIN! seriously, it gets old !

It's a new ERA people, be a part of Envison Laie and support our community.

For more information or to be updated on the ongoing projects and status of the master plan, click on this link ENVISION LAIE.

Fank it for listening and please don't throw rocks at me or scratch my car if you're a 'keep the country, country' guy ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here