Listen & Learn you fiapoks out there....

Since starting on my photography journey, I've researched the works of many talented photographers. All that I came across were great, but no-one as great and powerful as the great Sue Bryce. She is an all-round inspiration. Sue started her photography business in her parent's garage with money borrowed from her parents. Today, she is a world renowned contemporary portrait photographer. I absolutely love and adore Sue and her work. She posts photos from her shoots and she posts tips and she even creates and delivers workshops for anyone at any level of photography in the industry. The thing I love about Sue is, she is so open with her style. She loves sharing her ideas, her tips and her work. She is real!
the amazing Sue Bryce (copied from her FB page)


Just yesterday, a fiapoko photographer posted on a private photographer's forum on facebook - his frustrations about people copying Sue's poses and style. He said that we should find our own style - he was right, except for someone fairly new and lots to learn, a lot of us need to imitate Sue's style while finding our own. Sue talks about this in one of her workshops on CREATIVELIVE.

In response to this fiapoko's message, Sue herself posted this, and I could not agree more. 
I once read if you never give away your knowledge you stay stuck. If you give it away you force yourself to create more. So true but the question is. What is original, NOTHING. IT'S not yours anyway you don't own a single thing. In fact as you create there are people all over the world thinking they have original thought. Nothing is original, nothing BELONGS to you. Create, share and then create more. You will be richer don't hold/hoard/think you are the owner. You are a vessel. That's the gift of a teacher, of a creator. Possession is limited. Giving is divine.
More power to you Sue

to view her stunning work, you can visit her website http://www.inbedwithsue.com/blog/ - I am seriously addicted to that site :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here