Welcome to America
Yesterday, March 13th, 2013 at exactly 11am, I, along with 129 other aliens, pledged allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. A good friend of mine asked me after the ceremony "So how does it feel to be an American citizen?" Honestly? "the same as before I was even an American citizen" hehehehe except NOW, I get to vote who represents me in congress, and who I think could lead this country to greatness!
It was definitely one life event worth telling my future generations - so if you're one of my future generators reading this 50years from now - just remember that your Mama made a lot of sacrifices to get here. Yes, like sacrificing a truckload of good BOGO shoe sales just so I have enough money for the immigration fees. A whole week of nothing but immigration paperwork because we couldn't afford a lawyer to do all this work for us. Reading up the whole preparation booklet and faithfully listening to the audio CD until I fell asleep learning about the history of this nation. Gosh - the road to get here was a pretty harsh one - I lost sleep, my time and some fabulous shoe sales. BUT, of course I'm not complaining, because this is all for you, my future generators. So remember, live free, prosper and never forget your roots and where you came from!
--
As we were reciting the Oath of Allegiance, I looked around me and noticed that maybe 98% of my fellow new citizens, were ASIANs. 1 Samoan, 2 English, 3 Tongans, 5 latinos and the rest of the 130 of us were Asians. Then I realized, that the judge presiding the ceremony was ...Asian, the USCIS officers swearing us in were..Asians, and the conductor was...Asian. Mayuuunnn, Asians are taking over. I salute the Asians for their hard work and 'sogasoga-ness'. They're here because they want a better future for their children. So they sacrifice by working in the farms, so their children can go to school, gain a higher education and become the lawyers and judges in the Hawaii District court - just like that judge who presided over the ceremony!
Obama said something that I thought was very interesting and got me excited (shamefully. lol) He said "No dream is impossible from here on, the only person stopping you from reaching your dreams is YOU" hhhmmmmmm
Thank you America for adopting us and for giving us the opportunity to live free without having an obligation to give to things like family/village faalavelaves - OH WAIT a minute kuaback - 'you're still Samoan you silly, of course you still have to give to the family faalavelaves/saogameas with a big smile blasted on your face - you can always turn your back and komumu about it when you're safe in the comfort of your AMERICAN home'
God bless America
It was definitely one life event worth telling my future generations - so if you're one of my future generators reading this 50years from now - just remember that your Mama made a lot of sacrifices to get here. Yes, like sacrificing a truckload of good BOGO shoe sales just so I have enough money for the immigration fees. A whole week of nothing but immigration paperwork because we couldn't afford a lawyer to do all this work for us. Reading up the whole preparation booklet and faithfully listening to the audio CD until I fell asleep learning about the history of this nation. Gosh - the road to get here was a pretty harsh one - I lost sleep, my time and some fabulous shoe sales. BUT, of course I'm not complaining, because this is all for you, my future generators. So remember, live free, prosper and never forget your roots and where you came from!
--
As we were reciting the Oath of Allegiance, I looked around me and noticed that maybe 98% of my fellow new citizens, were ASIANs. 1 Samoan, 2 English, 3 Tongans, 5 latinos and the rest of the 130 of us were Asians. Then I realized, that the judge presiding the ceremony was ...Asian, the USCIS officers swearing us in were..Asians, and the conductor was...Asian. Mayuuunnn, Asians are taking over. I salute the Asians for their hard work and 'sogasoga-ness'. They're here because they want a better future for their children. So they sacrifice by working in the farms, so their children can go to school, gain a higher education and become the lawyers and judges in the Hawaii District court - just like that judge who presided over the ceremony!
Obama said something that I thought was very interesting and got me excited (shamefully. lol) He said "No dream is impossible from here on, the only person stopping you from reaching your dreams is YOU" hhhmmmmmm
Thank you America for adopting us and for giving us the opportunity to live free without having an obligation to give to things like family/village faalavelaves - OH WAIT a minute kuaback - 'you're still Samoan you silly, of course you still have to give to the family faalavelaves/saogameas with a big smile blasted on your face - you can always turn your back and komumu about it when you're safe in the comfort of your AMERICAN home'
God bless America
![]() |
| Who is that giant ? - My friend took this photo of me while I faithfully read the Oath of Allegiance. Like I said, I was a Samoan lost in a sea of Asians. |


Comments