Girls night/day out - a MUST!!!

Being far away from home can be very depressing at times. Especially when you don't really have many friends *coughcough*. SHOCK HORROR!!! I'm hearing that voice in my head saying "really kuaback? you don't have many friends?" I know I know, so hard to believe considering my social butterfly status..choohooo..NUPI!

To be clear, I have many friends, but they're all HOME, I mean Samoa - HOME, or all over the place, just not here in Hawaii with me.

Apart from my sisters and cousins in law, I only have 2 very good girlfriends here in the good ol' Laie boonies. don't roll your eyes, I really do have only 2 friends. It may seem lousy to some, but I don't mind at all. I love that I only have 2 friends here. I don't think I have the energy or room to keep up if I had more. haha

3 amigos @ Annie's wedding. July 2008

These two girls and I have been friends since our BYU days. I used to work with one and I used to live with one. If I wasn't hanging out with the roomie, for sure I was hanging out with the co-worker. Later on down the road, they were both dating very good samoan guy friends of mine, and later later laterrrrrrrrrrr on down the narrow path, they both married their samoan men, and I had the honor to be the only ODD blackie one in both their wedding parties. choohooo



Anyways, I digress. We used to get together every month way back in the days of Noah when we didn't have children. However, those days seem so long ago. After four years of marriage, babies, careers and being buried in our own everyday lives, we decided it was time to blardy hell take a break from our kids, husbands, work and everything else busy and productive mommas do, so we can hang out and just BREATHE.

goddang it felt SO GOOD! 

This is how you know your real and true friends. No matter how long you go without seeing or catching up with each other, when the time comes for that get together, you just pick off where you left off like it was yesterday <3 .="." br="br">
We didn't do much, we just went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner, and some window shopping at Macy's. However, we made sure that the four hours we spent together was well worth it. And it was...WORTH IT..hehe. We talked and talked and talked and...yeah we talked some more. OH! and we ate and ate and shared cheesecakes and entrees (just like UNI days :) It felt so good and real and uuummm...weird to have meaningful adult conversations :) And it was so good to actually have a conversation without a 3year old yelling to go to the playground or a 1year old tugging and screaming. aaaaaahhhhhh...it was all 4 hours of heavenly girl time.

I realized something after that night. I realized that all 3 of us really need to do this more often, maybe once a month. Because the way we were talking, we were bouncing around all sorts of topics from the US educational system, to what should be taught in kindergarten to the new increased taxes to pinterest to old school UNI days to husbands, families to food, shopping etc etc. We were like kids bouncing off the walls from too much sugar, or in our case, caffeine - not to mention, we were very loud. As in, trying to cut off each other because time is limited but we had so much to talk about. hehehe It was all too funny and somewhat very refreshing.

For all you hard working mommas out there, please, take time out for yourself. Have a girls day/night out. Take a break from your everyday life and just spend an hour or two a week or even a day to relax and get in touch with your inner self :) Trust me, it is so worth it and helps you keep your sanity.

OOOOMMMMMMMMNNNNNNN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here