8/30 : people

[list 10 people who have influenced your life and describe how]

my babies: T&T: They have taught me the true meaning of sacrifice. When I had Tai, I wanted to be better. I wanted to be a better mother for him. When I had Taui, I wanted to be the best in everything so I can be the best mother to the both of them. They taught me to smile even when I'm mad and ready to pull my hair out. My boys teach me how to be a better mother every day.

hubby dear: bless his heart. this man taught me the true meaning of patience. I know it hasn't been an easy road for us - things happen, i get irritated and I flare up like a firecracker - yet, he remains calm. he is the calm to my storm. he taught me true love. he makes me want to be a better person every day. I'm grateful for such a strong priesthood holder in our home and for such a hard working man who strives to live within the gospel principles everyday. Huge admiration for this man.

my dad: when it comes to hard work - this man could write a book about it. growing up, my dad was hardly ever home, he was always working or traveling on business trips. my dad taught me the importance of head down, butt up when it comes to academics. He reiterated to us the importance of getting an education. My dad taught me not to be a 'mimika vale'. He taught me to be proud of who I am and where I'm from. He taught me to be kind to people, doesn't matter who they are. He taught me to always lend a hand to those in need. He is my hero

my mom: my mom taught me to be grateful for what we have. "don't wish or long for things you don't have - that's what gets you into trouble" my mom taught me the importance of family - where-ever you go, always hold your family close to your heart, they will always be there for you. She taught me the meaning of love and humility. I look to my mom for everything. She has always has an answer for me. She is my extra ordinary momma.

Audrey - my bestie: Audrey aka Orch is my bestie. I have many friends, a few are very very close to me - but Orch, she is special. Her and I share a love for many many things - including boys at one time. hehehe. She is a strong woman. Audrey is one of those friends who is always honest (more of goody two shoes if you ask me..hehe) Orch taught me to always be true to myself no matter what. I look up to her because she always speaks up for herself and those who can't speak up for themselves. luv my bestie :)

Aunty S: she's the kind you don't want to mess with. She tells it as it is. She stands up for what she believes and does NOT take no bullshit from nobody. She's one tough cookie. She taught me to NEVER let anyone bring you down.

Dani: my mentor at work. She's hardworking, knows her stuff and an all rounder. I envy her. If I was to choose who I want to be - career wise - I would say Dani. She pushes me to be better at my job. She believes in me and always helping me to move up in the ladder. She's a workaholic but also makes time for her two boys, even if it means bringing them to work parties with her. With Dani, I learnt that you can achieve whatever you put your mind to if you prioritize, organize and work hard.

Mama Sete: hardworking, supportive and loving matriarch on my mom's side of the family. This woman is the definition of a 'strong samoan woman'. She is the corner pole of the falesamoa that holds the family together. 

Papa Ah Lam: my grandfather didn't go to school. He always said that his mother never cared to put him in school and his father was shipped back to China when him and his sister were 4 and 5years old. His mother couldn't afford to put him in school so my granpa started working at a young age. He learned the art of engineering from a man they were staying with at Vailima. He became this man's apprentice and was offered a govt scholarship to study engineering in FIJI, and became one of the finest engineers in Samoa working for the govt. My grandpa put all his 6 siblings through school up until they all graduated from high school. He built his very own first bus, then he bought the second, the third and eventually started a bus transport company. he put all his 12 kids through school and still supports them to date when in need of something. my papa taught himself many things. He even makes his own medicine from the different leaves and tree trunks. He mixes his own juices and it's keeping him strong and healthy. He has never been to a doctor ever in his lifetime. He is an educator or life and he is my inspiration.

MIL: She makes me want to be a COOK. this woman can cook up a storm - easy peasy - no sweat. She's my Martha Stewart kinda lady - minus the criminal record. choohooohooo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here