Happy 50th birthday Samoa

I reactivated my facebook for the sole purpose of prying on photos from those back home of the Independece celebrations-looking at the photos wishing I was home for this very special occasion. (where is that money tree when you need one).

Thank you to those who posted and are still posting photos of the celebrations and thank you technology for allowing everyone to share these priceless pictures. Memories to treasure and be told!

Some of my favorite memories of independence was in 1998 because that was the very first year I marched @ Mulinuu, and marching with my dad, brother, cousins, uncles and aunties was the best. I remember all of us cousins had a sleepover and it was hardly a sleepover as we never slept. We spent the night ironing our uniforms, making 'ula mosoois, talking story and braiding hair. The excitement leading up the next morning was priceless.
-My mom making egg and elegi sandwiches for us kids in the morning before we left for mulinuu and making sure there was a bag of sandwiches in the car in case we got hungry again.
- Doing the eyes right infront of his highness-the Head of State while we march along feeling so prideful.
- Getting ice cream from that small blue ice cream shop close to HK Keil Vaimea (? sorry I forgot the name of that place)
- watching the fautasi races at Matautu
-watching the girls marching bands
-all while wheeling my great grandmother in her wheelchair everywhere we went because she wanted to join in the fun :)



I miss home. I miss Samoa. I wish I was home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here