Starting over :)

Lately, I get this strong feeling like…like...like, I ‘need’ to start all over again.

No definitely NOT all of it - just this year!
I need to start this year all over again. Maybe it has something to do with our time back home (Samoa) or maybe it’s all this shifting places we’ve been doing for the last month or maybe it's the change in scenery or maybe its a realisation after recent events.

I don’t know what it is, BUT, one thing is for sure and that is, operation ‘starting over’ needed to take off ASAP.  My ultimate goal at the end of it all is – A better ME!

 I want to be a better mother, a better wife, a better daughter, a better sister, a better friend, a better boss, a better student ,  a better listener and for goodness sakes LIVE BETTER!!

I feel like I haven’t been doing anything worthwhile since 2012 started and I’d like to make sure I’m making good use of my time from here on out instead of wasting it on worthless/meaningless things/people that bring nothing but bad stench.

First step - To be a better mother,
I’ve adopted lilidona’s idea of a parenting list. Things I want to do/teach my children. Things I want to be better at doing with my children instead of yelling at them all the time because I’m too tired being a momL Things like, being patient, speaking kind words, teaching them about Heavenly Father and Jesus, baking, giving hugs, more hugs and just being silly with them.
 Forget that they just colored on my new microfiber couch. Forget that they just broke a brand new toy I bought them yesterday. Forget that he doesn’t want to drink anything but orange juice. Forget about it, they’re just kids, and you can NEVER get back this time and this age. Now is the time to love your kids and teach them everything you can because next thing you know, they’re adults living their own lives
Second - To be a better wife,
No more tantrums when everything doesn’t go my way. NO more harsh talk! Speak kind words. Surprise him with something nice every once in a while;) Stop being a fiapoko most of the time and just listen to the man- GOSH! (Ok so this is a work in progress ;) You just gotta remember to love thy husband for all time and eternity no matter what!
Third- To be a better daughter,
Love my parents :) Be there when they need my help! Do not justify all the money they’re spending on faalavelaves – it’s their money so shut up kuaback :(

Last for now – Live better,
Get fit and Healthy so I can enjoy life with my kids, my family, my friends.  Make better choices. Remember that God is always good. Live Life, be adventurous – life is short and you’ll never know what tomorrow brings.
Don’t waste time on sleep. Like the Sleepless Goddess said “Sleep is so overrated”
So here's to staring over 2012 in the beginning of April. :)
Manuia :)

Comments

Donna said…
Amazing post. I can so relate to the part where you feel like you hadn't really done anything worthwhile this year and of course the frustration that comes hand in hand with parenting... But our lives are what we make them right? And you seem to be on a really good path! So don't forget to keep us updated (of course) and Godspeed :)

Donna xx
kuaback said…
thanks suga. It's been bothering me for quite some time now and reading your parenting post inspired me to jot this down.
hope all is well wit you and your lil princessa.
alofas from kuaback xx
Sina Tupou said…
Inspiring stuff, kuaback.

Sometimes we just stumble on telling ourselves that we can go on with how life is, but stepping back and making a decision to make changes for the better is brave.

All the best for you and your boys :)

Popular posts from this blog

that cheating *basket*

Outrageous 'saogamea'