Decisions Decisions

 I hate decision making, especially when it involves my family. I miss the days when I didn't have to make any decisions for myself, or anyone for that matter. I miss the careFREE days. Now, I sit here and ask myself "why the heck were you in such a rush to grow up?"

Aaahhhhh…

So, I find myself here again. In this bind, only this time, I really don’t have any other option.

Mom’s been here for almost 4months to watch my boys while I continue on with my career. Bless her heart, she practically gave up everything for a couple of months, leave her other children, her man and everything else she’s used to, just to come help me out; all because I don’t want to spend $1200 a month on daycare and I don’t want to quit my job. I know, I know, I’m such a selfish brat. Alas, she’s returning end of this month. And I’m stuck to figure out my next move.

If you've been following my blahblahrings for a while, then you'll know that the only daycare close to my house is what I'd like to call a 'pig sty'.  (faigaero old woman with a bunch of kids and she's not even licensed and yes, I learned my lesson the first time). 

Option 1: 
Take the boys to daycare 35mins away. This means I would have to get up at 5am to get the boys ready, get them in the car before 6am so we can beat traffic. I would have to drop the boys off, (35mins away) then come back to work which is about 5mins away from my house. This daycare finishes at 5pm, I don't get off from work until 7:30pm mostly, meaning the baby daddy will have to go back into town, pick up the boys then come home and get ready for work. All that, for $1200 for both boys a month, plus the gas and mileage for both cars; it'll probably be around $1800 a month with the skyrocketing gas prices.

Option 2: 
I stay HOME. end of story. No more 2nd income. NO more extra security. No more extra saving for 2015 RWC.  no more pretty shoes.

I’ve been going over this in my head many many times BUT the feeling of “not wanting to quit” always wins for some reason. It kills me because it makes me sound like an inconsiderate loser who doesn’t deserve to be a mother.

I’ve been asked the same question over and over by family and friends, “Well why don’t you just stay home?”

Trust me, I'd love nothing more than to stay home with my boys, but I just can’t shake off the feeling of insecurity when I’m off of work. What if we run out of savings and I need to get back to work? If the economy is still flushing down the toilet pretty fast, would I even get a job? No one wants to hire a brain dead stay at home mother and by the time I return, there will be young fresh minds, fresh off of College looking for jobs. Oh dear, I’ll be totally screwed.

Yes, I am very anal when it comes to matters concerning my family. I want to provide nothing but the BEST for them. I want to buy a house soon, and I want my kids to go on their missions then college when they grow up and all of that of course requires $$$$.

Anyways, I'm trying to get over myself and seriously think about staying home with the boys. Would I even be good at it? For all you stay at home moms out there, what do you do to keep your kids from being bored? Please, any suggestions would help right now. I might just end up taking the kids to the mall everyday

Comments

Goldgurl said…
Wow!! I'm sitting here reading your post and thinking about the post I wrote up yesterday but saved as a 'draft' cos I started babbling/venting and went off track somewhat lol See...I'm a stay at home mum, always have been pretty much...and my 'problem' stems from OTHER people not valuing my role and looking at me as lazy and 'good at spending hubby's money'!!

ANYWAY!! Other than my 5 mth old baby, my other kids are between 16-9yr old. Can't quite remember that far back how I kept them entertained..didn't even go out for coffee with friends back then either!! I do remember they all attended some type of pre-school from the age of 3yr. With this baby though, I have managed to make a few lovely friends who I do plan on going out with for coffee/lunch - for my own sanity really!!

Kids are pretty easy to entertain at a really young age - it's YOU that will need time out/entertaining/adult company after day after day of baby/toddler talk lol.

Either way, it MUST BE a very hard decision you are going to have to make - and lots of scarifices too!! Talk with hubby and see what he thinks (he might surprise you with something worth while to say lol)

Oka - is this the longest 'comment' ever ever ever?? LOL
kuaback said…
You're too funny PusiNofo.
For me, I really couldn't care less what other people think of me. I mean who cares? and you shouldn't too. They envy you and how you can stay home and still spend $$..hehehe..hey i'm envious of you too.

But my problem is total insecurity that my babies would suffer in the future because there's not enuff to support them. Yes, i know i'm so dramatic..hehe

as far as keeping them entertained, i think you're right, they're easy to entertain, i think it'll be Me that needs entertaining. I'm also scared that I might get bored and regret this whole thing all together. shux..
Goldgurl said…
I think it's very valid for you to worry about the financial implications...you work full time - that's a HUGE drop in income! Even if the money you earn ATM is your 'play' money (for sunglasses and what-not LOL).

Look into earning from home...even if it meant YOU looking after someone elses child? (I could never do that - but hey, it might suit you? lol)

You are right about me though, I shouldn't give a shite what people think - truth is, I don't, well not enough for it to show hahaha - but it IS obviously MY insecurity!! Something to def work on...thanks ;)

Popular posts from this blog

that cheating *basket*

Outrageous 'saogamea'