the NERVE

If you've been a regular of my blahblahrings, then you must know about my encounter with Master T1's first babysitter. You know, the pesto 'faigaero' mamahen who I caught feeding all 7kids with one spoon scooped from one plate of food. WTF?

So the said 'mamahen' is a frequent visitor to my place of work. And ever since I pulled my baby from her daycare, I've been trying very hard to avoid her in a 'nice' way (if that's even possible). You know she's landed at the bank when you hear a, "HI Jen, How's Tai?" coming from the back of the line. She made it a routine to come sit at my desk and make small talks before she leaves my office EVERY DAY she comes in. She'd ask me to bring Tai back and to call her if ever I felt overwhelmed being a new mommy and all.
hhhmmm..Thank you but no THANK YOU. Did i mention that she feeds all her daycare kids with one spoon from the same plate of food during lunch and breakfast time? Yeah, eerrrr I don't think so.

Anyways, one day, while I was pregnant with Master T2, feeling all FAT and all, mamahen walked into the branch, saw my bulging tummy and asked

M: are you 'hapai' again?
J: Oh yeah, I am
M: Oh YAY, MORE BUSINESS (with a big smile that I wanted to wipe OFF her face)

Say whaaaaaa? WHO SAYS THAT? and whatever made her think I was bringing this baby anywhere near her daycare (if you can call it that) She found out I was pregnant and the first thing that came out of her mouth was BUSINESS $$$$$???? Totally confirmed what I thought of her the first time. She's only doing it for the money. Blardy heck!!!!

Anyways, I was reminded of all these when she visited again yesterday. This time, she asked why Tai was taken to a daycare in Kaneohe 30mins away, when she's just 5mins away. (so last year but i guess she just found out)
She was pretty upset and I felt like I was being interrogated. Why did you take him there? Did I do anything wrong? Did you NOT like my daycare? eerrrr....ok, ancient history lady. It was so awkward and at my place of work too.
I just gave her a warm smile and said Sorry, my husband wanted to take him to Kaneohe with his nephew so they can play together (that was total bull btw). I decided to not even waste my time explaining anything to this nutthead. It's my child, I decide what's best for him. Not some nutty old woman who just wants him so she can get paid.

Comments

Donna said…
Good on you for keeping it together... I have a lecture-y tendencies so I don't think I would've been able to bite my tongue! As the good people at the Warehouse and Life Pharmacy (to name a few lol) found out lol
Kim said…
I know the feeling. When I took my daughter out of daycare to put her in a controlled environment instead of the icky gross germ infested place i had her in. I was asked 21 questions on why i was this and that. Its so annoying when you feel you have to report to someone when its your business and money that your providing. Hope you dont run into her anymore.
Ouch Im cringing for you - how awkward to have to face her and at work! aaaargh. Thank goodness you had a good answer for her. Im such a chicken that I would probably have just hid every time i saw her walk in the bank. Or burst into tears when she cornered me about my kid....
Sisipeni said…
LOL! I think I heard of that woman. Where is her daycare in Kalihi?
kuaback said…
@ lili, I had to keep it together, my desk is in full frontal view to the line of clients.

@ kim, I have to pray really hard not to run into her, this is such a small place I practically see her everywhere..work, church, on the road, foodland etc aueeee

@ Lani, AWKWARD is the WORD. And she's so ignorant too..she brings her business into my workplace..so unprofessional..hehehe

@iT@h, NO! NOT kalihi. And I'm not saying where in case she finds me and starts bombarding me abt this blog at work..lol
Anonymous said…
Yike... Lucky you had patience to face the Devil Fa'igaelo!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here