House of ORDER!!!!!

I went to church on Sunday and wait for it...wait for it..I stayed the whole 3hours. (bonus brownie points for me)

Since I stopped teaching primary to have my 2nd bebe, I only go for 1 hour of church on SUNDAYs or NOT go at ALL. I can't be bothered naming all my excuses or I won't have enough space for this blog; but to put it simply, I'm just..... LAZY. There!!!! very VERY LAZY; and with 2 boys in tow, I'm usually worn out before the 2nd song of sacrament meeting.

My famous excuse i'm pretty sure everyone in my ward has memorized when the relief society president or anyone from the relief society says "aawww, we missed you in class last week Jenn" is always "Sorry, had to take my boys home, they were too rowdy in church" always blame the children when really, WE usually leave after sacrament because I want to put the boys to sleep so I can catch up on my beauty sleep or turn on the air con and watch the last episode of 24 (which may I add, is very addicting I cannot STOP)

But I digress, as usual I stayed the whole 3hours of church this past Sunday NOT because I was pressured into it by anyone, or because I wanted to impress the Stake President who was present. NO, I stayed because the family who did the sacrament program gave beautiful talks that really HIT HOME for me.

TOPIC-HOUSE OF ORDER.
Order is the last word that comes to mind if you see my house. There's toys gallore everywhere, literally; in the living room, in the dining area, in the kitchen in all rooms of the house, laundry piling up it's almost a chore trying to get inside the bathroom, shoes decorating the hallway from the back door to the kitchen area and books, paperwork, pens, markers, bills strewn all over the dining room, thanks to one person, TLM. I've given up on cleaning my house a long time ago. However, a House of ORDER, doesn't necessarily mean to have a spotless clean house with everything in it's place. NO! this House of Order is referring to "setting your priorities so your life and the life of those affected by your decisions is not such a chaos" meaning, you should make your house a House of Learning, a House of Love, a House of meaningful sharing time and lastly, a House of God.

A couple of weeks ago, I realized that we must be doing something WRONG because our House is definitely a HOUSE OF CHAOS. There is NO sense of family anymore and I felt like everyone was doing their own thing, and this darn thing called "WORK" was totally taking over. I'm out the door at 9am if not 8am and back 8pm when the undercover lover leaves for work. He gets home at 8 or 9am when I leave, and this is our routine almost everyday of the week. We only get to spend time together during the weekend IF I'm NOT working Thank gawd for my MUM who's been such a great help in taking care of our boys while we get consumed with WORK.

I realized that my son was more keen to his grandmother than either one of us. If he wants something he'll go to his NANA. When he wants to shower, he prefers his Nana gives him a bath instead of his parents. He won't eat with us. (makes sense since we hardly sit down for a proper meal together as a family except for Sunday toonais) He would rather watch TV with Nana and do the choochoo train than do it with his mommy. And he'd rather Nana read him his bedtime stories instead of his 'hardly anywhere to be seen' mother. He won't listen to me and I tend to sometimes give him a reminder that I'm still his mother by putting a nice "PAT" on his behind.

I realized that the undercover lover was starting to throw mean, irritating glances my way too many a times. He complained that I prefer to camp on FB rather than have a meaningful conversation. He started to snap when I bring work home. "When you're home, that's time for me and the boys, Your WORK stays at WORK" and I just felt like he loathed me most of the time especially when my coconut temper goes bursting and think I'm RIGHT all the time.

I realized that my mother thinks I spend wayyy too much time at work. She finally put her foot down and told me to get my priorities straight or she's leaving with my 2 boys.

I realized that since my mom's been here, I haven't done any laundry, cleaned my own house, gave my 3month baby a bath, and I've only made dinner maybe TWICE. I've only been to the temple ONCE since it's opening. I haven't taken the time to actually say a prayer before bed; except with TLM during his bedtime prayers, and I haven't really bonded with my kids apart from the 3am feedings with Master TSDM and the hugs and kisses routine with Master TLM before I leave for work in the mornings. This made me very sad. I'm such a WORTHLESS mom, and this SERIOUSLY calls for some ORDER in my House.

This week, I've been working on a list. A list of things to do and things to STOP doing. 

Things like bringing work home needs to STOP. Working overtime needs to STOP. Ordering my undercover lover around needs to STOP. yelling at my kids needs to STOP and camping on FB definitely needs to STOP. FB cancellation?? I'm definitely thinking about it!!!!

Need to be NICER to my family and speak kind words to them. Simple things as Thank you, I love you, Please makes a big difference. I need to change my work schedule so I can take my eldest to school (it's only 3hours in the morning anyways, and I have a whole day to do work for WORK). I need to bond with my children instead of relying on my mother to do the bonding for me. I definitely need to set a schedule so we can sit down as a family for dinner every night and maybe a sharing time with my 3boys. I need to add a Temple day/night with the undercover lover at least once a month to start. Throw in 1 or 2 zumba classes a week for rainbow effect. Lastly, (for now anyways), I need to control my kuaback coconut temper from flaring at every little thing. Need to keep the PEACE..aueeeee. I'm huffing and puffing just by looking at this list, BUT if this house has to be in order, there are some serious sacrifices that need to be done!


IS YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER?


Comments

Thank you Jen - I too have that feeling that this house is missing something, the sense of family is not there most of the time.And unfortunatly its true that it aall starts from the mother of the home. (whch means I suck) Thats great you stayed for the full 3 hrs and were inspired. I hardly go to church here in NZ anymore...i take the kids and then go home..my excuse is I dont like church in NZ ( how lame is that?!) I went to Samoa last week and loved going to church. So inspiring and spiritually uplifting. I came back to NZ resolved to do better, be better, change my crappy attitude. Im stil trying. BUt i think thats all that we can do - continue to try harder and aim higher. You're a great mother, dont be too hard on yourself. REcognize the postiives and then look forwrard to capitalizing on even more of them.
Great post.
kuaback said…
Thanks Lani:) yes definitely need to work on my priorities. They're all over the place and I'm NOT liking the outcome of my laziness la lea..

and I gotta comment on the difference btwn going to church in samoa and everywhere else other than. Its the same for me. I love going church in Samoa, here in Hawaii, I don't like going. Mainly because pple are uummm 'OVERFRIENDLY' No space at all. they bombard you everywhere, and I feel like hiding from all of them. It's crazy