Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here


Visiting us today is the fabulous Lani Wendt Young; author of the book that had me started on a sleeping disorder, "TELESA:THE COVENANT KEEPER". I'm sure we've all read it, and if you haven't, now is your chance to buy and be absorbed into the world of Leila & Daniel (and Jason *winks*) Only $5.99 for the eBook on AMAZON.

Lani's here for an interview that TEAM JASON's been waiting for. YES, an interview with the hot surfer boy/volcanologist himself while he's here checking out the Pipeline competition at Sunset BEACH and of course visiting one of his favorite fans *ahem*

------

We’ve been hearing a lot about Daniel and I thought it was time that we shine the spotlight on another very important person in Leila’s life…her (cough) friend Jason who is here in Hawaii visiting Jen’s Blog.


Jason's too shy for a photo so here is his TWIN BROTHER
Hi Jason, thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to join us here on Jen’s blog. I have to tell you that she’s one of your biggest fans!

Thanks Lani – and it’s great to be here with you and Jen. I love Hawaii. It’s got the most amazing volcanoes in the world and the best surfing, so it’s one of my favorite places to visit. Besides, I see that Jen has made us a chocolate cake for refreshments, so I’m sure this interview is going to be a pleasure.


Right, let’s get started so we can try some of that cake. Jason, or should I say, Professor Williams, you’re a volcanologist with a PhD in Geophysics. Aren’t you a little young to be a Professor? Does that mean you were a total geek in high school?

No! *laughs* Ok, maybe a little bit of a geek. But a really cool, super hot kind of geek! Im from a big family, my dad’s a plumber and my mom’s a school teacher. They always taught us that we had to aim high and work our butts off to get scholarships to college since they couldn’t afford to pay for all eight of us to go. It’s not my fault I was born a genius and got into all the Advanced programs in school! I hated being stuck indoors studying when I was at college, so I worked double hard so I could get out of there quicker.

What brings you here to Hawaii?

I’m passing through on my way back to Samoa. I was working with a science team there monitoring geothermal activity when I got really sick with some kind of tropical bug. I had to go back home to the US for medical treatment and it’s taken me weeks to recover. That was some vicious bug.

We’re very happy to see you’ve recovered. Doesn’t he look good Jen? (Jen is unusually quiet today, I think she might be shy…) Jason, I thought all the volcanoes in Samoa were extinct?

They should be. Dormant is probably a better word, but that’s the thing about volcanoes, they’re such unpredictable and tempestuous things. We can study them and make predictions about them, but they can still surprise us. I think that’s what makes this work so exciting. There’s been a lot of unusual geothermal activity in Samoa in just the last few months so that’s what me and my team are studying.


And what do you think of our beautiful country Samoa?

I love it. It’s such a different lifestyle than back in the US. More relaxed and easygoing. Everyone is so friendly – well, almost everyone is friendly…And the beaches! Amazing. I love the outdoors, that’s one of the reasons I chose this field to work in, and Samoa is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. And the food is the best. When Im there I can study a fascinating volcano and then go surfing or kayaking. Hang out at the V-Bar with friends…

Ah yes, friends. You’re good friends with Leila. How would you describe her for readers who haven’t met her yet?

Leila’s a very special person – she’s beautiful on the inside and the outside and yet, she doesn’t know it. It’s always so off-putting when a girl is up herself, you know? Leila’s the total opposite. We kind of got off on the wrong foot when we first met… ‘somebody’ was wearing these skanky stiletto heels, pretending to be something they weren’t and then ended up chucking somebody else into the swimming pool at Aggie Greys. But, I gave her another chance to be nice and now, we’re very close.


Close huh? How close?

I would give my life for her. That’s how close. I care about her a lot. Leila basically saved my life once when we were on site at the Matavanu Volcano. She has a special interest in our work with volcanoes and we’ve spent a lot of time together. I gave her surfing lessons – but she kinda sucks at it. Shh...don’t tell her I said that! She might zap me – I mean, she might throw me in a swimming pool again. Look, joking aside, let’s be straight up here – I love Leila. And I’m going back to Samoa to make sure that she knows it.

You do realize that you have competition, don’t you? That there’s someone else that thinks he’s got Leila’s heart all wrapped up?

You mean that rugby player from her school? Daniel? The teenager who looks like he belongs in the ring with the Rock? That guy? I trust Leila’s judgement when it comes to her friends and Daniel sounds like a great kid. But the difference between me and him is – I’m a man who knows what he wants and who knows how to get what he wants. Leila’s been through a lot in the past year, with her dad’s death, meeting her Samoan family, adjusting to her gifted heritage…she needs a man who can help her with all that. We already know there’s sparks between us, and where there’s sparks – there’s fire.

We only have time for one more question, and this one is from a reader in NZ, Sefa Lematua, who wants to know, “Jason, are you a boxers or briefs kind of guy?”


I’d like to remain a man-of-mystery kind of guy and say No Comment! But – for an extra piece of that chocolate cake I will say this – yesterday I went surfing and I didn’t lace up my board shorts very well. I went down in a pretty rough wave and got my shorts ripped off. Lets just say there was a very important reason why I couldn’t come out of the water until one of my friends swam out with a spare pair of shorts for me.


Okaaaay! Jen’s just turned up the air-conditioning, it’s getting a little hot in here… I think its time for some cake. Thank you for stopping by to do an interview with us Jason. We’re looking forward to seeing you in March 2012 and we’re both hoping for a happy ending for you! We’re going to open up the phone lines to our readers for their questions. Everyone out there, if you have a question you would like to ask Jason – please ask it now and while he’s enjoying Jens chocolate cake, he will be happy to answer them!

-------

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Jason, leader of Team Daniel here.
Aren't you a bit too old for Leila? Daniel may be a high school boy, but in my eyes, and Leila's eyes and in the eyes of every Daniel die hard fan, he's a MAN. a HOT SEXY DELICIOUS MAN!
Don't get me wrong, you're HOT TOO, but I think Leila and Daniel make the perfect match.

sincerely, TEAM DANIEL Leader..lol
Anonymous said…
Hi Leader of Team Daniel - thanks for stepping up to shout out for that other dude...Just want to point out a few things:
1. There are only 6 yrs of age difference between Leila and I. Demi Moore is SIXTEEN years older than Ashton and Sleeping Beauty was 100 yrs older than Prince Charming. Which didnt stop them from living happily ever after. Love is not a number. And it has no age limits.
2. I dont think Ive gotten a fair deal so far in the TELESA story. That writer Lani hasnt really told my side of the story very well, I keep getting cut out of impt scenes and she kinda skips over a lot of the fun that me and Leila have when we're hanging out. I mean, you werent there when me and Leila went scuba diving and she cut her foot and I had to carry her out of the water...dripping wet in her bikini. Nah, you missed that scene. And where were you when we went dancing at the V-Bar? There was a WHOLE lot of sparks there that night - but a gentleman doesnt kiss and tell, if you know what i mean.
Anyway, just so you know, me and Leila have a connection that goes beyond some high school fling thing. (And Im making a formal complaint against that writer woman because I think she's biased. Team Daniel got to her i reckon.)
Jason.
Coconut Girl said…
I totally go for Jason! He's in his early 20s, super smart AND outgoing. I mean, a HOT scientist who surfs? Yummy.
Anonymous said…
Thank you Coconut Girl. You are obviously a woman of discerning taste. By the way - I am also an amazing babysitter - seeing how I have heaps of little brothers and sisters. I would be happy to babysit for you next time Im in Apia. Especially if you make some of that banana cream pie that every Samoan woman blogger keeps telling me about.
Jason. ( A Real Man. Hot, super smart, outgoing and I surf. What more can a woman ask for?)
Anonymous said…
Sorry Jason, Leila prefers HOT SAMOAN MEN
sieni said…
LOL at ripped shorts! hilarioous stuff. thanks for sharing jason!
Sisipeni said…
So Jason.. I'm sure Leila is a girl after my own heart, who goes insane in the membrane for a guy who can sing or play an instrument. Can you sing or play an instrument that can strum up some fire in Leila's heartstrings?
^ nice post aitah!. i like your question!.

great interview kuaback!.

question for jason: how do you plan on winning back leila's heart?
Anonymous said…
Hi Aitah, I can tell by the poetry in your question that you are a woman of poetic beauty and creative gifts - its a pleasure to welcome you to the interview audience. I have to confess, that sadly, I cannot sing to save my life. And my XBox controller is the only instrument that I play with any measure of confidence. However, thanks to many years of dance class and state/regional competitions - I can do the tango. The salsa. And the waltz. I can sweep Leila off her feet on the dancefloor with all the sensual rhythm of a (very hot) white man...who CAN dance. I look forward to the day when I can take Leila dancing - barefoot on the moonlit sands of a golden beach, or on the center of the dancefloor in a New York dance club.
Jason
Sisipeni said…
Whoohooo!! That's 10 points for Team Jason!

Why thank you for the warm welcome and I do appreciate your esteemed regard of my anapestic banter. :)

So I guess you're planning on using your hot-to-trot fancy footwork to impress Leila? Good on you Jason! Will be looking forward to seeing you getting tangled in a Tango with our girl Leila. Just keep in mind that your competition is Samoan. Samoans are born natural dancers. *winks.


Hi Jo! Fancy finding you here! LOL. ;)
Anonymous said…
Yeah Aitah - Im a little worried about that. I've noticed that just about everyone out at the V-Bar in Apia can really burn it up on the dance floor. I guess I'll just have to rely on the beautiful music Leila and I can make together. (Uh - oh, that sounded like Maleko, not Jason! LOL)

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge