Vali le sefe pagikeke a Akaka

I have a particular aunty who wears wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much makeup for her own good. She is known as 'Valivali' in our family. Sometimes, its gorgeous and sometimes, hhhmmm...not so much.
When there's a get together, guarantee she'll show up with her face all made up. (whore red lippy, dark eyeliner, eyeshadow to match whatever color she was wearing, with thick foundation and lots of bronze) She always rolls up LATE, ready to make her grand entrance. Papa would always say "ia ai a o vali le sefe pagikeke a Akaka ua kuai mai ai foi" No matter how many times her siblings tease her abt her makeup, home girl would just stand up and 'ausigo' to them before flipping her hair and proceed to do the catwalk to the kitchen to serve the toonai...hehehe..

Anyways, I live in a community full of different nationalities. I LOVE IT..sometimes (when people aren't talking behind my back making up rumors that I'm having an affair) Given that we have the most diverse UNIVERSITY in our lil corner of the world, you'll pretty much find any nationality here; from Tonga to Mongolia to Taiwan to Greece, Russia, Micronesia, etc etc you get the point; AND you'll find that there is ALOT of 'Valivali's' roaming around in my neck of the woods. They come in different shapes and colors with their own unique way of 'valivali-ing'

I interact with many at my place of work.
One thing you should know about me, is, I love faces. Yes, weird as that may sound but I really do. especially gorgeous men faces with hot bods to boot.

So back to the valivali business aka makeup. The Euros and the palagis here (mainly) have very pretty faces. SMOOTH, radiant faces. Of course after a lot little help from MAC makeup etc etc. (Try catch these girls at the beach after they come out of the water...hhhmm..a whole different story to that smooth face..ahar..can you hear the hateration in my voice? stob it.) You can hardly tell they're wearing any because they got the perfect color to match their skin tone, lots of bronze and they're pros because they wear those fake eyelashes and make it look so natural on themselves. They wear wayyyyy too much eyeliner but you can never tell its 'papagu-ness' unless you're all up in their faces to notice it. I wonder how much time they spend to put on their 'faces'


Then we have the ones with funky looking makeup.

The Micronesian girl who walks in with a face fairly lighter than the rest of her body, looks like she's wearing a mask. (hhmmm..wrong foundation maybe?)
The Mongolian with too much dark eyeshadow that doesn't match whatever she's wearing and too dark for her very light skin.
The Tongan, who has lips shinier (splg) than J'Lo's in a booty shaking video, eyelashes longer than Lil Kim's fake lashes, cheeks more red than that of a Barbie doll and the excessive amount of eyeliner she could hardly move her lids.
The Samoan with very long eyeslashes; you can tell from Egypt its fake-ness, covered with lots of lots of maybe-line mascara.
My favorite of all times, the old women who have NO eyebrows at all and have to swipe fake eyebrows on using an eyeliner before stepping out of their houses. What? did they plug all their eyebrows out or did it fall out?They are so good at drawing on their eyes that you could never tell they DON'T have hair up there until you're so close to them. artists i tell ya.
And then you have people like muah, who have no clue on how to use makeup other than applying eyeliner and putting on lipgloss. *sad face*. Thank goodness for college roomies who were makeup gurus who helped make me prettifuls when there were balls, cruises etc etc during my college days. awola.

I guess the moral of the story is, why do people need makeup? Isn't your face already pretty enough? And these makeup things, don't they make your face break out? I know a handful of PCC girls who look absolutely stunning with beautiful faces during their shows. One in particular was on the cover of the PCC brochure and on the buses even (yes that's how prettiful her face was) and one day, i met her coming from the beach and HOLLY DANG ON MACRO, it was like seeing an UGLY BETTY version of the girl on the bus.

I can understand the eyeliner, I wear it almost everyday to work because in some weird way, it hides the bags and makes my eyes fuller (fefe ia kio) so my clients don't think I'm sleepyhead with an fugly face. But the excessive amt of foundation and bronze and the long long fake lashes? all of that just to look pretty for class or to look pretty while riding your bike around this small town, to go to the store, to go see the doctor?? hhmmmmm..i don't know!

ps: thess are just my wondering thoughts for tonight. It's not in any way meant to offend anyone. BUT if you are offended, then I'm SORRY, from the bottom of my bottom heart. Just slowly swallow your 'fauas' and move along to the next blog. No room here for twisted underwears, that's what Coconut Girl's blog is for..choohooo...good nite and good riddens my blogger friends ;)




Comments

Teine Samoa said…
LOL Kuaback! I am so useless with makeup too!!! And one day I was talking to one of my good friends and I was like 'you know how white chicks wear heaps of make up but darker people like us don't really need it to look good' and she was like 'I always wear make up'. Whoops!!! Quicker than you can say backpedal I said 'Yeah it looks REALLY good, you can't even tell you're wearing it! what brand do you use again!' Now my darling partner teases me when I even put on lipgloss. Whatever he just doesn't want me to look too hot!!! Ke ua maua seisi fui. hahaha!!! Your blog always makes me laugh so I nominated you on my blog- check it out- the post is called 'Big blog love;.
kuaback said…
awww...thanks for the blog love TS...will check it out when I don't have work up my behind..arrgghh...i need a vacation quick.
and lol @ comeback with friend..good one;)
and like you said, we don't need makeup to look prettifuls..coz we're already hot lil thangs....hehehe
have a good weekend suga
Coconut Girl said…
Haha I am the QUEEN of no make up. All my friends are adept appliers of make-up. I can't even hold a mascara brush properly let alone apply eyeliner. Nor do I own anything other than a lipgloss. My friends (as you know) are all model material hot chicks who can paint their faces with their eyes closed...when we have parties I'm the odd one out because I was too stingy to go to the salon and now have one eyebrow thinner than the other, and lipstick on my teeth lol.
Donna said…
Oh em gee I love makeup! lol Superficial much?

BUT I do detest 'mask' makeup as much as the next person... Accentuate natural beauty! Kim Kardashian I'm talking to you!

But I guess at the end of the day, if you think you're hot, that's all that matters right?
kuaback said…
lol @ CG..natural beauty all the way..that's YOU..you don't need makeup.

lilidonna...Kim Kardashian who????? hehe...and you're right, at the end of the day, if you think you're hot, that is ALL that matters. everyone else who don't think so can stick it..choohooo
Sina Tupou said…
I was always told as a young 'un that I had good skin. This year, I looked in the mirror and EEK...I see that my good skin is looking not so good. So I enlisted the help of my make-up guru sister (none other than lilidonna up there) and she gave me a Make-up 101 session. That was about 6 months ago. I have forgotten most of what I learnt (oops) and I still dodge past the Farmers makeup/perfume section to get to the kids clothing sale section. LOL!
Oh, and I use those lip balm sticks that the old men at my work use!!! Oh my life!
:) loved your post kuaback. i definately know a few people who need to 'tone it down' with the makeup. everytime i see there painted faces i smile on the inside because i know they look like clowns lol. i'm all for natural enhancement as lilidonna said, but i rather a blank canvas anyday over a totally over the top made up one.

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here