my 1st hiking experience;) - Laie Falls 8/2/2011

Actually..2nd hiking experience. My first was with an ex-boy, same hike but we didn't make it up..bhahahaha..magaia ga.

Anyhow, Before babies ruined took over my life, I tried to accomplish something from my bucket list at least every 3 or 6months..(I was broke, still am broke-dang it). ehhh, almost 2 and a half years later, i realised I haven't crossed anything off that bucket list and maybe it was time to start @ it again, meaning less time stalking hot Manu boyses on FB. ahar. whatever you know you do it too sleepless & rock fob

But don’t give up on me, I’ve started on the list again.

Yes, YESTERDAY! Choohoo.

Laie Falls Hike - 8/2/2011
I’ve been thinking about starting off with maybe the one of the hikes.
So yesterday, hubby’s cousin emailed and said she was taking hubby’s sister and lil cousin to hike the Laie Falls. 2hours up and 2hours down – (apparently) Heck yeah I want to join. Best way to start off again on my bucket list..hehe

SO I ditched work (just like that) @ 1pm and joined the girls.

We bought some snacks, water, changed into some comfortable clothes and off we went.

2pm and we landed at the beginning of the trail. How fob can we get? Who the heck starts hiking at 2 in the frickin’ afternoon when the sun is out there brutally shining down? Who does that? obviously WE does that. Haha

The beginning of the trail was nice and wide with lots of trees to shelter us from the crucial rays of the sun. Not too steep, we could handle (we thought). About half hour into the hike we came across a looooonnnnggg stretch of steep, dangerous looking hills with no trees for cover..arrggghhh..we kept going nonetheless and came upon an old palagi couple on their way back.
Gorgeous view along the way

Here we are huffing and puffing and there they were smiling and hyped up. They were probably in their 60s and I’m not even kidding. WTF??

Me: is it close?

60 yr old: you’re not even half way child. Probably another hour or so. It took us an hour to get here and coming down is wayyyy easier than going up you know

Me: thank you

In my head I was secretly cursing the old hag. Eerrr..the only answer I needed was a YES or NO. simple as that. You didn’t need to elaborate. Now I wanna give up. Dangflang it.

An hour or so as the old woman said turned out to be 2hours for us. I couldn’t keep track of how many breaks we took on the way up..bhahahaha. Imagine hot sun + steep hills + no fit = huffing and puffing fob hikers. OMG!!!!!!!!!

By this time, my poe was already making his calls to check up if we were ok. such a darling but was getting annoying at the calls every 20mins. my phone was in my pack bag, so imagine my round voluptouness trying to climb the steep trails and trying to reach for the phone at the same time..arrgghhh. "I'll call you if we get lost or need help" shammen ia se.

We finally got to the topbut still about 40mins more until we reached the supposedly gorgeous, beautiful, waterfall. It was probably the only thing that kept me going.

The view from the top was amazingly, stunningly, breathtaking (pe'a iai gi upu faapega). Fortunately for us, it rained just a little and that was a great refresher. We took some pictures with the gorgeous background and continued on.
better part of the trail & pretty view of the mountain
The trail was getting steeper and narrower now and it was still raining so it got really slippery and the mud was getting all over our shoes.

So we reached the end of the trail, BUT now have to hike down another 10minutes to the waterfall. Guurrreeaattt!!!! IT was painful, we had to literally jump from one rock to another. IF there was a suggestion box, I would suggest they put cement steps there like PAPASEEA back home; save the inexperienced hikers like myself from falling and cracking their skulls on the darn rocks. crazy palagis. I was so excited to get to the waterfall. Lord knows we needed the swim coz we stunk badddddd. choohooo

Everyone who’s done this hike, marveled about the beautiful waterfall. Hhmmm.. My first reaction when I first saw it was “IS THAT ALL?, BLARDY heck” Surely these people need to come visit the islands. (said the proud island fob who almost died hiking up the rocky roads..errrr)
We swam for a measly 30minutes before having to pack up and return. It was almost 6pm and wait for it (we didn’t have any flash lights) How are we going to find out way down the darn trail? We definitely weren’t thinking..... realistically – choohooo. Lucky for us, its Summertime and it’s still light out ‘til 7:00pm.

We enjoyed the hike down, the sun was on its way to bed and it was nice and cool out and much easier coming down even though I did a slip and slide when I missed a rock and fell on my J'LO butt- ahem. I've never been so grateful for having such a fat ass. It saved me from a painful sliding down the hill number.eeeekkk
the Fab-Four-Fob hikers..hehe

 It was getting a bit dark and we couldn’t hear anything except the wind singing in our ears, so we started singing nursery rhymes the rest of the way. Hubby called about 4times to see if he needed to call up a rescue team to come get us…haha..airena, we’re big keos and we can take care of ourselves. Gosh with our energy I’m sure we could take anyone who jumps out from the bushes.

Needless to say, we got back to our car and I was feeling the pain already. Don’t know about the others but my thunder thighs were screaming ‘blardy murderer’.
all in all, the hike was loverly-nevermind the huffing and puffing and the hot sun. I had great company so it was LOTS of FUN and 1 less thing to worry about on the bucket list..YAY we did it - we made it all the way up and back- ALIVE. fank you Lord alleluia Amene :)

Comments

I am in awe of you. U went on a 2hr hike up a mountain? And then back again? For a waterfall? Daayuum! ( i wdnt do it. Unless maybe it was a Diet Coke waterfall and there were some really "interesting" people to meet up there.

I can see those size zero jeans coming closer and closer to you. (Im so jello.)

You need to enable Anonymous comments on this blog Jen. How can i be honest if I have to sign my name eh?!
kuaback said…
The waterfall was only part of the reason I went, the main reason I went was because I told myself that I need to get out and do active stuff like that instead of always being stuck in the office and then stuck at home. I need to get out more, Lord knows that's why I'm so blardy voluptious..not active at all..all i do is sit at my desk and go through the mountain of work, then fb break, then blog break, then back to work then come home to the babies, bathe them, feed them, put them to sleep and by then, I'm already knackered..so I'm taking advantage right now while mom is here to care for the bebes..lol..and this comment is turning into an essay...choohooo
Anonymous said…
Magaia le kou savaliga - Keep at IT lovey!! I need a nature-friendly-walk too! with some people who I can communicate with ..... (derrrr - over here - no such Luck!!) haha

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here