midnight blahblahrings
Sucky SUMMER
It’s halfway through SUMMER and hardly feels like it with this rain gracing us with its presence almost every darn day. What's up with that?
I guess I should be grateful. After all, SUMMER in Hawaii gets a bit too hot for my liking. But can it NOT be raining almost all the time? Can it just stay nice and breezy? Come on rain, give us a break.
I see my nieces and nephews and feel sorry for them for every time they plan to go to the beach or waterpark or out and about, the rain decides to visit and they end up staying indoors glued to the playstation/wii and whatever else morbid gadgets the palagi designed to get the kids hooked and distracted from doing school work or good old playing outdoors.
--
Inconsiderate tourists
One of the houses in my neighborhood of 4houses – is a vacation home.
It’s always booked out hence the many different faces we see there every two weeks. They are usually good renters. You know-the typical tourists-doing touristy things; exploring/shopping the whole day and come night time, they’re all knackered so they go straight to bed and its nice and quiet in the neighborhood xcept of course my other neighbor's boyfriend decides to visit for the night. EH!
But this week, there’s been a lot of noise at night. From what I can tell, they look like College students - about 8of them.
I went out to push our trash to the road for trash day and one bony skinny girl ran out in her panties and a bra, another (with a big t-shirt, you can tell she was hanging lose) was being chased by a bare chested white thing with blonde hair in a red aloha shorts. Then another bare chested thing walked out in a towel and a bony skinny thing followed suit with shorts that could barely cover her butt cheeks. Hhmmm..first thing I thought was “dang, puhleeze get a tan” second: “uummm..can you girls please eat something?” made me hungry just by looking at their bony-ness (i invented my own word for today)…I’m beginning to think these guys are here for pure fun.
And as I sit here with my fingers tapping away at the laptop, I hear loud laughing, the F word thrown around every 2minutes, a loud soundsystem, loud talking-AGAIN- and its past midnight already. This has been going on for 4days straight, and frankly, I’m sick of it. I’m not getting a good night’s sleep, the noise keeps waking up baby and the stress is just not good for my already wrinkled face.arrrgghhhh-Maybe it’s time to call the POPO over.
--
Be grateful
One of my roommates from BYU and her hubby have been trying for a kid-for 2years. This girl loves kids and the kids love her back. When we were in school, she did babysitting to earn some extra cash on the side and all the families she babysat for loved her. She just has a way with kids.
Anyways, she got frustrated when it wasn’t happening but I shared with her that she needs to be patient coz these things take time. (not that I could testify to that-I’m a freaking fertile ball who gets knocked up once I miss a darn pill-shat) It still wasn’t happening so I suggested both of them go get checked.
The poor darlings, they found out that they both can’t have babies. They have tried the insemination-still didn’t work and the doctors have told them that their chances of having a baby is less than 1%. My heart dropped for her. I could hear the hurt in her voice. She sounded so heartbroken and I wanted to reach through the phone and give her a big HUG.
It’s so crazy. How someone with so much passion for kids, CANNOT have kids of their own? I don’t get it. If anyone should at least be blessed with one child, it should be her. (but of course that is not my place to say)
Anyways, it made me realize something today. I realized that I should always remember to be thankful. Always be grateful for what I’m blessed with-like having kids for example.
I’m always grumbling and complaining that being pregnant is too much blardy hard work. That having kids is too expensive. And I admit, I hate being pregnant. I hate that I’m sick as a dog almost throughout the whole pregnancy. And always telling myself that I don’t ever want to be pregnant and go through the agony again. But then I look at my friend and realize how darn well lucky I am-that I can actually get pregnant and be blessed with the most precious gift on earth, and I’m reminded that I need to grow some balls (not literally), stop being a whiny brat and for the love of God give thanks to the almighty for my two gorgeous babies; because somewhere out there, there are people who don’t/can't have what we’re blessed with.
Comments
And to yr half nekkid neighbors partying all the time? IF you cant beat them...join them. Its time for you to have a wild party of your own. Get naked ( HAHA) OR you could invite 50 of your kids closest friends over for a sleepover...all the noise of 50 little children will surely drive those neighbors nuts.