Panipopos - sweet coconut buns samoan style..hehehe

So I made panipopos today. Finally got around to it after contemplating trying out the somewhat complicated recipe (complicated for me). I got the recipe from Ms Dubai herself, who got it off this amazing samoan woman who likes to share different recipes for the 'fia domestic goddess' woman like myself. hehe. I admit and i'm sure we all know, I SUCK at making stuff that has anything to do with dough, I mean I SUCk at cooking FULLSTOP. In case you havent noticed I'm not exactly your Martha Stewart kinda woman, BUT, today I thought, 'what the heck, just try it'.

first trial was a hit
The dough stuck like glue to my fingers (i hate making stuff that has anything to do with dough, because I never know weather it's good or 'fefeu'. I thought, just keep adding more flour, and whalaaaa, there was a pretty lil elastic thang on a greased pan.

There was alot of waiting and anticipating but in the end, my panipopos came out ONOLICIOUS if I say so myself..hehehe. The 9buns were devoured by my faithful tasters after they cooled down a lil bit. Even my son had a go at it and had 1 and 1/2 panipopos himself. little piggy.

soft and sweet = YUMMAY
I also tried to make the Vaifala aka pineapple drink because I love that stuff. IT was for sure a hit. I only had half a cup; when I came back for more, that was GONE too. I have monster piggies living in my house.

i didnt take a photo of my pineapple drink but it did look like this..hehe
Next friday if this stubborn kid in my stomach is still not out yet, I'm making Ms Lani's cinnamon buns. Stay tuned.

Comments

Delicious! Ive never made panipopo - share share share the recipe pleeease.
kuaback said…
Hey Lani..

click on the link below..thats the recipe i used. good luck..hehe

http://panipopos.blogspot.com/2010/06/panipopo-sweet-coconut-buns.html

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here