Ended 2010 with a BIG BANG..

Yup, we sure did. December kind of flew by fast. Don’t know if it was because I was too busy having too much fun with work or the month just went by pretty quick.

 
4days before xmas, hubby dear surprised me with a ticket to Samoa for my family reunion. WE had planned to miss this year due to too much going on, and because I’m planning to take my kids to DisneyWORLD next year and spend all our life savings there with Mickey, Minnie and the gang. Hehehehe. The ticket sure lifted my spirits, so I ditched work the next two days so I can prep for my trip. Einjo, gotta shop for the fanauga a isaraelu. aueeee


2days before we left for Samoa, I got a car as a wedding anniversary. Hhhmmmm..Was I really a good girl in 2010????  NO, I was an EXCELLENT keo!!! Bhahahahaha..sshhh..aua le pisa. A brand new SUV-Chevy Traverse 2009-automatic, 3seater and the works. LOVE LOVE LOVED IT. I was getting tired of the shift gear truck anyways..


Anyways,Samoa was GREAT. SHORT & SWEET. Family Reunion was the bombdiggitybomb. I’m pretty sure I get my jungle-ness and uluka’e-ness from the Lefaga side. Surely and I LOVE IT.


WE spent one reunion day at a Resort on Manono Tai. It was so peaceful and beautiful. Lush greenery and the gorgeous view of the ocean from our fale. No barking dogs or polluted air from passing cars..YES, no dogs, no cars. It was heavenly. My first time on the island and I wanted to build a house and stay there forever. (peaga kele a gi kupe e fai ai sa’u fale). One downfall though, I got sunburnt bad from the boat ride to Manono Tai.
Stupid me thought it was only a 10min boat ride and hello, it took us a good 30plus minutes. NO good. My dad initiated a walk around the island and according to him, it only takes about 40-45minutes. We started the walk around 11am, It was only about 5minutes in and I turned around and returned to my fale..lol. I was the last one of the 'solo' and it was just too dang hot. The heat was killing me, so I thought, forget the walk, I'd rather get back to the fale and sleep in the cool breeze. 2hours later, I woke up and the first group from the 'solo' just arrived..bhahahahaha..the kids were looking at me going "how the heck did you get here so darn fast? you're pregnant?"
"I sprinted here, DUH" was my smart reply. bhahahaha..

So much for 40minutes..I'm so glad i didn't go on that walk, they might have to send a boat to look for me coz there's no way I would've made it in the blardy heat. Tai made it though around the island, on poor PAPA's shoulders..lol My poor dad, he was complaining about his back the whole night after Manono Tai. kalofa e. It was great to see family again who I haven’t seen in ages.Tai was definitely loving the attention and many babysitters. He loved hanging out and bullying the cousins older and younger than him if he doesn't get his way. (hhmmm, i wonder where he gets that from). Family time was just grand. telling jokes and listening to the drunks make fun on each other everynight was the best. enjoying sashimi under the 'talie' tree while Uncle Rob string through the guitar serenading the 'au maimoa' and the 'au gula', was lovely. Then listetning to dad and his sister sing 'pa'ulua' tunes was just hillarious. I'm glad my baby boy and I went for the reunion. THough i was only there for 7days, WE had a great time. Tai of course stayed behind for another 3weeks to spend time with the grandparents. Looking forward to the next one in 2012. 

Another great thing about this trip; I NEVER gagged once, and I was taking advantage it and of all the yummy food. My unborn child sure loves Samoa. He/She was so good to me. I got my appetite back that I gained 6lbs during the 7days back home. My doctor will thank me for taking the trip and I am truly thankful for the trip. Coz if I hadn't, I'd be in the hospital hooked up on IV everyweek..bleh. 
Suafai, SupoEsi, faaausi esi, kokoalaisa, panipopo, alaisa faapopo, size 3 pa'umu, umu kalo and palusami, povi masima..oh goodness, i'm getting hungry typing down all this food. Oh how I loved being home. Great FOOD and GREAT COMPANY....definitely MUST Do again.

We also got to meet up with my blogger/facebook friend NETIA. Yes, finally. We've been virtual friends for about 4years and we finally meet up at home. It was hilarious because it felt like we've known each other for ages, especially when we both wanted to fuki slam one fiapoko woman who kept interrupting our 'faiga skoli' for a stupid table. she really does live up to her name "Crazy Islander" and i love it. it was great seeing ya hun, and I hope Rich got his $$$ back from COFFEE Bean..lol


Got on the flight on Friday morning, new year's eve, back to Honolulu and cried myself to sleep missing my little rascal. But, seems like the monkey don't miss us one bit. He's too busy enjoying the freedom and being spoilt by both sets of Grandparents. lucky brat. praying that the next 3weeks will fly by so we can get our son home again. It's weird not having a little body blah blahring around taking out all the pots and pans from the cupboards to play with. 


Ok before I get depressed from talking about Tai, I'd like to wish everyone a WONDERFUL 2011 with your loved ones. May this year be your best year yet. I'm still trying to figure out some new year resolutions. I never fall through with my resolutions so I thought I'd just wing it this year and see what I accomplish after 12months..hehehehe


Goodnite Blogger world and happy Happy 2011

Comments

Nena said…
Happy anniversary / new year! Glad to hear you're feeling better ;) take care of yourself, still praying for you & your family!
its just moi said…
Glad to hear you had a great time in SA! and that you can eat:) Wish I was you and am going to drop the hint to the hubby...i.e I WANNA CAR TOO!LOL!:)

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here