The fiery 'waves'

This past September, a friend of mine flew to Samoa for the Tsunami Anniversary and she attended the 'launch of the Galu Afi'. I had asked her to buy me a copy. Almost two months later, I finally get my copy in my hands and I couldn't wait to get started. 
BUT, I had family and friends over for toonai so the only thing I could do was flip through the pages in between serving the table, feeding my 13month old, and making conversations with our guests (bad manners)

Today, I found myself thinking about nothing but 'what's next' in the 'Galu Afi.
I was off from work yesterday because I was sick, and I found myself sitting on my toilet bowl anxiously flippin' through the book, while my son was wrecking havoc in our living room.
When I was in High School, the bathroom was the perfect place to escape with a book, where my annoying brother and lil sisters didn't bother me. I guess it's become a habit because I didn't need to lock myself in the bathroom with the book yesterday, I have a dozen other places in the house I could lock myself in and read.
(I guess, old habits die hard. )

If you haven't gotten the book; GET IT. I don't care how you do it, just get it. 
It's a must have. The author, Lani W Young, did a great job capturing everyone's stories and the aftermath. 
I felt like I was there running up the mountain that frightful September morning.

Comments

Fotuosamoa said…
wow - i love the music...hmmm, pardon me, im gonna camp on your page while the music puts my braincells to sleep (: and away from my assignment hah
I just stumbled on this post - thank you so much for the kind words.

And I laughed about your habit of locking yourself away to read - me too!

Popular posts from this blog

that cheating *basket*

Outrageous 'saogamea'