baking fiesta & big fat samoan family
One of my latest obsessions--BAKING. tadaaaaaaa
I must confess, before I got married, I never baked anything ever. I was never any help in the kitchen when my mom was baking up different colorful desserts for the church gathering or family gathering. BUT, I was always the first one to taste/eat the goodies.
When I got married and we moved into TVA, all I heard and saw were new married women exchanging/talking about recipes, all kinds of recipes.
I thought, 'eh, typical LDS wives, always cooking, cleaning etc etc'
One day, I got invited over to a girls night hosted by my neighbor, where they cametogether to bake all kinds of desserts. I had nothing to do so I went, and admit that I LOVE LOVE LOVED it. I fell in love and wanted to do it all over again.
So after the baking fiesta that night, I asked & gathered everyone's recipes and told myself I'd teach myself how to bake. It didn't seem at all that hard with the help of 5experts
Needless to say, my first baking experience on my own was a DISASTER.
The cinammon rolls were overcooked/burnt, the panipopo's had wayyyyyy too much dough, brownies were burnt, and my chocolate cake didn't rise properly.
BUT, yes there's a big BUT, I think with so much practise, I've become quite good at baking. koe praise a e gaia ia gaia..shudup its my blog
and
Every once in a great while, I'm hit by the urge to do something nice for the hubby.
I admit, I'm a miss and hit in the kitchen, bhahaha, sometimes I'm great, sometimes..hhmmm..NOT SO MUCH
case point: On Sam's birthday, I decided to make pineapple pie at the birthday boy's request.
I slaved all day, and my pineapple pie came out yutty. I added too much custard and can literally taste the baking soda in the crust.-epic fail
the following sunday, I thought i'd make up for it by making cinammon rolls. I haven't done cinammon rolls in a while and needless to say, the rolls ended up in the trash. They were so hard and crispy you could break a tooth biting into the darn roll.
This past week, I decided to make peach pie, well because he loves it and we had a ton of flour in the kitchen cupboard.
It turned out really GOOD. I was so proud and I made alot too for only one person.
so because there was too much, I sent out a txt to sam's family that we had peach pie at the house. 5mins later, they all started coming over one by one. They all went into the kitchen and came out with pieces of pie wrapped in foil. By the time they all left, I went on to put the pie in the fridge for Sam who was at work. Whalaaa, only 2 pieces left. WTF? I haven't even had a piece. My goodness. lesson learnt, next time you make alot of pie, make sure you put aside a portion for yourself and your hubby before the whole aiga basket attacks.
Comments