too much lately..and i'm too lazy to write about it



Oh EM GEE, thank goodness September is GONE. I don't think I'd survive if the month was longer than 30 days. whewwwwww..

So Tai had his 1st birthday party
.
Yes, a PARTY, NOT an intimate family toona'i like I originally wanted/planned.
As we drew closer to the birth-date, the pressure from everyone was ON..hell yeah, in flames and all. My mother, who flew over 3weeks before the birthday, was getting on my nerves everytime she asked,
"Suga, ua maua se clown?"
or
"ua faakogu se Balloon Twister?"
or
"Ka o ia e faakogu le keke so I can see how big it is"
or
"You need to order a jumping castle for the kids and come up with some games"
Ioe, 21 questions and she was fast becoming very BOSSY and very IRRITATING. Me 'No' like irritating peeps so I proceeded to ignore her over and over, until she got fed up with my ignoring game and put her foot down. "La'a ka a le kaimi e leai ma se mea ua faia" She came yelling one day while me and Tai were playing in the pool. My poor mom, she didn't know that all that krap was DONE a week earlier. You see, according to mother dear from the old age, she expected us to drive to all these different places, (cake shop, Hawaii entertainment center) to put in an order and book the date for the event. Hi Mom, welcome to the 20th century, where all of that is done by dialing a number. So once again, she was calm, cool and collection.

Tai's 1st birthday party was actually really nice. The kids had loads of fun, food, and teeth rotten-ing things to boot. (I tried really hard NOT to buy any candy, but hey, what's a birthday without sweets rite?) The birthday boy was grumpy in the beginning, but came to life again when all the sweets flooded in. He was definitely HIGH on Candy. All in all, it was a real hit. Great company, onolicious food, and lots of fun for everyone.

amazing, yummy cupcakes-thanks Brish

Birthday Boy infront of his poster

Candy time

with his silly Nana

Pono the Clown

happy birthday Tautai Luke Meredith

Next up on the list was big daddy's 30th.
And I'm sure he would murder me if he knows I'm out here revealing how old he is to the whole world, but eh, who the hell cares. Faimai lesi koeaiga Safoku, 30 is just a number. einjo.

It wasn't as big as tai's 1st..bhahahaha..Sorry, the older you get, the less important you become, or so someone told me. we had a nice quiet intimate one. We spent the whole day together (with my mom as the 4th wheel) bhahaha..and we loved it. Enjoyed shopping without getting on each other's nerves, (because we were shopping for my shoes, magaia ga, birthday a Sam, ae faakau ai shoes a lesi keige ga). Went walking the waikiki strip, lunch at CheeseCake Factory, our favorite place, before we headed down to Costco and Walmart to spend some more money because we're just RICH like that. Shammen ia se!

Sum it up, it was just a lazy--get fat-spend money we don't have-day. But family time is more important so screw getting fat and spending money.

Tai and his dad @ Cheesecake Factory

Kaneohe Air Show
Every Year, there is an Air show hosted by the US Air Force at the Marine Corp Base in Kaneohe. This was my first time there and it was blardy HOT as a 'mada fada'.
We were there from 10:30am and left at 1pm coz we were literally baking out there. There were no trees no nothing near by as the show was on this huge airstrip, so people were using the HUGE display aircrafts for shadow. But because we are so white and needed tans, we sat out on our beach chairs with 3 umbrellas, yes, 13adults and 2toddlers in 3umbrellas. WTF? We left before the BLUE ANGELS even came out for their big show. All I can say is, I got home and knocked out. Both me and Tai. The sun sure kicked our butts that day. NEVER AGAIN. NExt year, if we ever decided to go again, we'll just go around 5pm, sit in the car, and watch the darn show from there. INstead of walking 15minutes to that darn airstrip in the hot sun.


..and with all these famiy bonding/outings going on, I am still a full time banker with a very uummm demanding pule, and trainings/workshops/presentations up my ass, with nagging customers as the icing on the cake. LOVERLY. I love my 'chop' I love my frickin' 'JOB'.

ok, gotta gap it here for now, ua koe ala mai a Tai o legei a e le koe kaele..spraken dammit.

sweet dreams errybody

Comments

Unknown said…
Jen you're the funniest blogger I know. Haha. Happy birthday to Tai again...crazy how time flies :)
Me said…
oka sister you crack me up! I second Leeyen!

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here