it's been a roller costa ride
Christmas---hhmmmm..good company, guurreaaat food, mouthwatering desserts, lots of sleep (for some) beach (for some) presents galore, yummy desserts, shopping (deals/sales), desserts and uumm..hhmmm more desserts.- Yup, that about sums it up. It was a BLAST:-)

The PIL (parents in law) flew in from Samunda for Luke’s graduation (mentioned in one of my previous posts) and to spend Christmas here with their 4grandchildren and most of their children. Lots of presents of course for the kiddies and lots of trash for the grown ups to clean up. Our second Christmas in Hawaii and I must say that this one was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy BETTER than the last Christmas we spent here. And that is mostly because we had my mom and my sister HERE spending Christmas with us and maybe because we had more family here than the last time.

Dec 28th- My 16th birthday. This was probably one of the most laid back birthdays I’ve ever had. My boss gave me the day off and that was a major plus. If you are one of my girls and you’re reading this, you will be surprised to know that this year for my birthday, I got a pedicure & manicure (well deserved), then came home and spent the whole day with my main man, Tautai, in bed, watching TV, eating and sleeping.- Yes, It was a lazy birthday and I loved it. -No there was no Beach party and NO, my dancing shoes were fast asleep in the closet, NO clubbing, no drink up..ahar.
Either recession is really hitting hard, or I’m just getting old for all the usual parties etc etc. NOT! I think this was one of best birthdays ever. And to top it off, I awoke that morning to a lovely note from my hubby & son, blasted on our computer screen; and I am in for a surprise this weekend. Hhmmm..I wonder… thank you for the pension ;-)
Yesterday, Dec 29th Sam and I have officially “known” each other for 6years and married for 3years.
About 4years ago I had plans of Grad School, marriage at 28 (maybe never), living in Samoa for a short while after my under-grad, a big move to Kangaroo land, and wait for the wind to blow me elsewhere. I was an “independent woman” and had more hopes and dreams than I had time and money for.
Boy was I one very determined chicken (smiles) …
Not that any of my hopes and dreams have changed; but my life sure did take a dramatic 360 degrees turn and most of my plans didn’t work out (especially the marriage at 28-part). But I’m happy to say that a fine-looking brotha was the cause in directing the great life I have now.
Because having a special relationship can potentially turn into an engagement (that I was avoiding) then a wedding (that I kept postponing twice). I was at the top of my game! I had a lot of goals and plans I was going to accomplish… and NOBODY was going to stop me… (Hmmmm. Ummmm. HMPH) After dating for a while, Sam humbled me preeeeeeetty quick. I soon realized my mind-set was changing. I wanted to get married, I liked being interdependent with him, and of course what girl wouldn’t fall for a man who is;
1) strong in the Church,
2) handsome as ever,
3) handsome as ever, and
4) handsome as ever!

So, kudos to Sam for popping my head and bringing me back to earth and being influential in our happy life together. I’m not the easiest person to love, but Sam is a pro at loving me at my worst. Of course we have our share of dramas like any normal couple, but hey, after 6 years and 1 very gorgeous baby boy later, we are still very much in love and ready to do it all over again. And I will end this blog on that note because I think I’m getting all mushy here..blehhh
The PIL (parents in law) flew in from Samunda for Luke’s graduation (mentioned in one of my previous posts) and to spend Christmas here with their 4grandchildren and most of their children. Lots of presents of course for the kiddies and lots of trash for the grown ups to clean up. Our second Christmas in Hawaii and I must say that this one was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy BETTER than the last Christmas we spent here. And that is mostly because we had my mom and my sister HERE spending Christmas with us and maybe because we had more family here than the last time.
Dec 28th- My 16th birthday. This was probably one of the most laid back birthdays I’ve ever had. My boss gave me the day off and that was a major plus. If you are one of my girls and you’re reading this, you will be surprised to know that this year for my birthday, I got a pedicure & manicure (well deserved), then came home and spent the whole day with my main man, Tautai, in bed, watching TV, eating and sleeping.- Yes, It was a lazy birthday and I loved it. -No there was no Beach party and NO, my dancing shoes were fast asleep in the closet, NO clubbing, no drink up..ahar.
Either recession is really hitting hard, or I’m just getting old for all the usual parties etc etc. NOT! I think this was one of best birthdays ever. And to top it off, I awoke that morning to a lovely note from my hubby & son, blasted on our computer screen; and I am in for a surprise this weekend. Hhmmm..I wonder… thank you for the pension ;-)
Yesterday, Dec 29th Sam and I have officially “known” each other for 6years and married for 3years.
About 4years ago I had plans of Grad School, marriage at 28 (maybe never), living in Samoa for a short while after my under-grad, a big move to Kangaroo land, and wait for the wind to blow me elsewhere. I was an “independent woman” and had more hopes and dreams than I had time and money for.
Boy was I one very determined chicken (smiles) …
Not that any of my hopes and dreams have changed; but my life sure did take a dramatic 360 degrees turn and most of my plans didn’t work out (especially the marriage at 28-part). But I’m happy to say that a fine-looking brotha was the cause in directing the great life I have now.
Because having a special relationship can potentially turn into an engagement (that I was avoiding) then a wedding (that I kept postponing twice). I was at the top of my game! I had a lot of goals and plans I was going to accomplish… and NOBODY was going to stop me… (Hmmmm. Ummmm. HMPH) After dating for a while, Sam humbled me preeeeeeetty quick. I soon realized my mind-set was changing. I wanted to get married, I liked being interdependent with him, and of course what girl wouldn’t fall for a man who is;
1) strong in the Church,
2) handsome as ever,
3) handsome as ever, and
4) handsome as ever!
So, kudos to Sam for popping my head and bringing me back to earth and being influential in our happy life together. I’m not the easiest person to love, but Sam is a pro at loving me at my worst. Of course we have our share of dramas like any normal couple, but hey, after 6 years and 1 very gorgeous baby boy later, we are still very much in love and ready to do it all over again. And I will end this blog on that note because I think I’m getting all mushy here..blehhh
Comments