Crybabies get on my nerves

Please..Please tell me which book of rules/laws does it state that the "IRONING" is a woman's job? Please show me these rules and I will gladly do the ironing.

My husband has been complaining that I NEVER IRON his clothes. I caught him whining to my mom a couple of times on the phone that he does his own ironing and that I refuse to do this *simple task all women in the world do for their husbands* (in his exact words)
By a show of hands, who agrees with the above statement????
If you DON'T agree, GOOD for you..and if your DO, more power to you

I believe ironing can be done by both men and women. Last I checked, there is NO law that says "A woman has to do the ironing for her husband". OH NO..I believe if your brain works, and your hands can move, you are definitely capable of pressing/ironing your own 'ofus' (clothes)

Men have this mentality that the cooking, ironing, laundry, house cleaning basically house chores, are solely for women. Men aren't suppose to get involved in this line of work. Yes, I know that's how it was back in the days of Noah; when the men were mainly the bread earners and the women played housewives. Maybe this tradition still exists in some families today, but in my own little family, I make him do his damn chores. He can whine and bitch about it coz i dont give a damn. Hell, WE BOTH work, So by the end of the day, I'm knackered too, sorry but I have feelings too meeh deary. So unless you want to spend money on a maid, I suggest you suck it up and move on with it.
Not this, housewife business when I'm out all day racking up my braincells too so I can help out with the rent, utilities etc etc.
The nerve of my husband to still bring this subject up today. He thinks having my mom here will in some way change my mind about cooking, doing laundry, and the damn ironing.
He compared it to washing a car. He said, "Women are suppose to iron, just like how men are suppose to wash cars"
Now that is just lame. Of course I've washed cars, I had a car in College and goddamit I washed it myself; sponge, rinsed, wiped, vacuumed, all the works. How dare he says women don't wash cars. puhhleeeze.

I guess my point is, if you're husband is a crybaby like mine, just tell him, "get off your lazy arse and DO IT YOUR DAMN SELF"

Comments

Haley said…
I never iron!! I grew up with that exact mentality 'if you want it done, do it yourself!' My dad irons his dress shirts every Saturday night. We may not iron, but we make up for it in other areas...right?!
Rowena said…
The way that I see it is like this, boys have a set of chores and girls have a set of chores. Washing the dishes, cleaning the living room, doing the laundry, mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, those are chores. I don't mind washing the dishes or making dinner if he takes out the trash and washes the car.

Personal grooming is not a chore. Ironing is personal grooming. But that's just me. ;P
kuaback said…
@ WENA..girl I think its a chore if you have to iron everyday. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday..Whew..now im tired just typing that down..:P
uh, welcome to my world...when i met my husband, his sisters and mum did all the ironing and washing of his damn clothes...if i wasn't here, they'd still be doing it.
NetsG said…
When I was working, I ironed because Rich was too lazy to iron his own stuff and there was NO way he was stepping out looking like that... all about my vain self :) But I think he appreciated it enough that now, he'll even iron his stuff his own self even though I am a lady of sit on her arse all day! But really, I do believe that if you're both working, then you should share the responsibility of what needs doing. And to ME above, I so hear you! Rich had everything and some done for him by his mummykins and loves it when we go home to visit her...and show me up argh!!

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here