Addicted to Facebook?


Like Netia, Lani and Jody, I too, have admitted to my facebook addiction..ahar..(yes acceptance stage)

Facebook is slowly guiding me down the path of a very unhealthy lifestyle..mioe

While I was driving to my postpartum appointment this past Tuesday, K-C of 104.3FM was raving on about facebook and how MOBILE USERS are 2 times more addicted than regular Computer Users. WTF??

I have the FACEBOOK APP on my Iphone and at the time, I was in DENIAL and thinking out loud in my car by lonesome “WHATEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..sooooooooooooo NOT true”, when really it is INDEED the honest TRUTH. I find myself clicking on facebook almost all the dang time.
Whether I’m feeding my baby, lying on the bed, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, sitting on my toilet bowl, having a conversation with my husband, in church (sad but true) or even while I’m at the stop lights (warning signs: DANGER DANGER)

I can’t seem to stay away and this only began when I started maternity leave. I find myself spending hours and hours on Facebook playing Sorority Life, Mafia wars, SocialInterview and my latest obsession, CAFÉ WORLD (I blame Nets for this). There are just too many damn apps on there and they’re all so cool and fun and entertaining and just too damn addicting.

So before I drop deep into this darn superficial form of intearaction, and graduate from Social Networking to Social Disfunction….I’ve decided to do something about it.

Whaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaaaaa
, I’ve BANNED MYSELF from Facebook starting 12am this morning, October 30th, 2009.
Heck I even deleted the app from my phone so I WON'T be tempted..

I didn’t want to set a limit as to when or how long; I’m just gonna roll wif it and see how far it takes me or how far I can live without it. Lol

So far I’m doing pretty good, But I know I'll be going through some serious withdrawals PRETTY SOON..lol.

Comments

NetsG said…
BUT, BUT....I'm innocent, it was not I but the Cafe's fault!!! (warming up to the idea) yeah it was....or blame Facebook...that's the culprit of all mankind's problems bwahahahaha: Economic depression, global warming, the chewing gum on the bottom of my shoe..all of it :) but yeah on a serious note - whoo hoo, good on you! I've noticed a difference and because in the 2 and 1/2 days I was gone, started my old hobbies again (non web based)which I'm keeping up with, which really helps me with the log on once a day thing :)
Fotuosamoa said…
hahahah...yeah dats right, blame Nets, ..look at her FB addition tips....yeah right, ova se kuluku!

so Jenn, how u doin' so far? ...no, really! how you doin so far?

oka, blame technology!

btw, luv Tai's haloween pic...so cute!
kuaback said…
Nets : You EVIL keo..I can hear your EVIL EVIL laugh in my head rite now..lol..and Im glad you're slowly getting back to your non web based hobbies again..keep it ub..ahar

Jody: how am I doing so FAR?? hhmmm..dealing with my anger issues...NOT so pretty..har har..back to work tomoro..so hopefully it'll be a little helpful..or NOT
good fo you sis, fb is so evil. when i was in utah my sis comp broke so i had no choice, and found that i was soo much more productive and paid soo much more attention to my kids. and now im home and back to FB all day long...what to do...im very proud of you! ps: does sam have any cheap cars laying around for sale?...ua leai se ka'avale anymore, and i need something to get around here. holla!!!

Popular posts from this blog

that cheating *basket*

Outrageous 'saogamea'