Laundry duty..its not that hard..sheesh

It's Friday once again in good ol' Havaiinei. I got off work early (2and a half hours early..hooray) and felt like driving down to the mall to do some shopping (window shopping)
Got home, had some pisupo and corn, theeeeeennnnn, poof, not in the mood to go anywhere. Mind you I had already promised my poor husband that I would go with him to take his youth boys from church to watch GI.Joe @ the Laie Theaters, a 2minute walk from our house. Har, I had to back out of that one too, coz I felt like a stuffed turkey with ugly swollen feet.
So here I am, @ home by myself, Sam went on to take the youth boys, my whole household is gone Ice-Skating in Woykeykey, while i lounge around in this big ol' house, nothing but the sound of the air-con humming and my fingers tapping away on the keyboard. Enjoying the peace and quiet with no feet running up and down the darn stairs.

Then, i look to my right and I see two baskets of laundry, already piled up to 2times their max.
Since I can't be arsed doing laundry or walking up and down the stairs to check on laundry, S the man has been on laundry duty for the past 3weeks.
In our house, we have a laundry calendar to make things easier, since there's 6 of us living here. That way, one person doesnt take up the whole week doing laundry while everyone else has to wait.
So, we picked a day, Sam & I have Thursday's as a laundry day, His older sister takes Friday, his little brother takes, Tuesday, while his cuzzin and her hubby take Sundays.
If everyone sticks to their day, we all get our laundry done during the week, and my poor washer and dryer gets a break in between.

Everything worked out fine until Sam's been on laundry duty. He puts in one load on Thursday-day, then by Thursday-night, he'd put that first load in the dryer and put in the 2nd load in the washer, then he goes to sleep.
Friday comes around, it's his sister's turn, Sam, puts 2nd load in dryer and 3rd load in washer.
Sister comes to do her laundry, take our 2nd load out of dryer & puts the 3rd one in while she starts her washing. In the meantime we still have abt one more load to be done.
Saturday, S is running around doing other stuff, for his car business or his church boys. By the end of the day, he just goes straight to bed while there's still laundry left to be washed, dried, folded and put away.
Sunday comes around, his cuzzin and her hubby do their laundry as its their laundry day. (we still have one more load to be done.)
Monday-day comes around, the washer and dryer are both FREE, it's no one's day, unfortunately, S doesn't remember to put the last load in, or maybe he does but he's just too augaka, wants to forget about it, or just not in the mood for it.
Monday Night comes, and I ask if he's done with ALL the laundry, "Whoops, gonna put the last load in now" with that very kaufa'ase'e grin that I want to just slap off his face.
Tuesday morning, and the last of the load is finally in the dryer; clothes dry 40minutes after that, but they're never taken out until S remembers, or I remind him.

Wednesday Morning, the lil couch in our room has a big ol' pile of freshly and some not so freshly laundry since Thursday, that still hasn't been folded and put away.
Wednesday night, I remind S to finish his task, he looks at me like,( " hellooooo, Can't you fold 'em and put'em away? I did the washing and drying?" )before he sits down to start folding & putting everything in the drawers/closet etc. By the time he's done, it's almost Thursday again.

So i guess the moral of the story is, men, can never handle what us women do. Take for example this simple task of doing laundry; whats so hard? the machine does all the work, but still, the men can't do it. (Well that's if you're hubby is like mine) Takes almost a whole week to do laundry and finish it. Not just wash&dry, but, fold, put away or hang the damn laundry.)

This whole time while he's on laundry duty, I'm always tempted to fold the pile of washed clothes on the couch and put them away, BUT, I want to teach him a lesson to finish what he's started.
Sometimes, I get the feeling he leaves 'em there on purpose, ya know, for me to fold and put away; (ahar, he's in for it if he even thinks I would help him finish that tiny laundry chore.)
Everytime I do the laundry, It takes me only one night, and everything is freshly folded and put away/hung nicely.
Leave it to S, and it takes a week to do the same task, with some complaints in between. Indeed, it is the truth and it has been the case since he's been on laundry duty these past few weeks.
He's getting better at it though; last week, he finished the laundry in 3days instead of taking a whole week.
Hopefully by the time baby's out and I'm on laundry duty again, he'd manage to finish laundry in ONE DAY..

Comments

Unknown said…
This is pretty funny...Let us know when the laundry DAY (not dayS) happens ;)
Haley said…
You teach him Jen! It IS the never ending chore. When Michael completes each process it makes me very proud! Sometimes he makes it happen.
Fotuosamoa said…
haha...the moral of the story is....leave the laundry to the others and go get a pedicure...you have an excuse, so make the most of it heheheh...
kuaback said…
har..Leeyen..i hope u dont have the same problem with Marcus..or do you?..hehe
Haley: at least Michael COMPLETES each process..I have to keep reminding this guy abt the Process all the dang time..
Goddess of Savaii: I'd get a pedicure But....I'm a control freak who wants everything to be done my way, so i sit here and point while he folds/put away, coz if its not done properly, you can be sure I'd take it all out again and do it myself..yes, bad habits die hard.lol
have a good sunday ladies