Get a damn mouth guard
So the hubby and I have been on this ISSUE for a while now; and when I say 'while', I mean, ever since we got married, while. Yes, it has been that long *shrugs*
S has a problem when he sleeps. He grinds his darn teeth pretty loudly and it gets on my nerves because he doesn't even know he's doing it. He doesn't hear himself, while I on the other hand, I hear him loud and clear.
It never really bothered me before, as long as I'm asleep before him, I'll be fine because I'm a heavy sleeper. But if he knocks out before I do, then he can be sure that he'd be falling off the bed sometime in the middle of the night.
Lately, I've been having some trouble sleeping, so I wake up to every little squeaky noise. Totally the opposite from before and it's very annoying.
So last week Thursday, we got into it again;
Me - You really need to get a damn mouth guard. You're getting on my nerves
S - What for?
Me- So I don't have to hear you grind your frickin teeth at night.
S - Well then get earplugs *laughing at me*
Me - HELL NO! You're the one with the problem, so you need to fix it
S - I don't have a problem. You're the one with the problem. YOU CAN'T SLEEP
Me - that's because you keep grinding your TEETH dammit
S- yeah, but I can sleep properly, YOU CAN'T
Me - and that's because of YOU.
S - I think you need to get sleeping pills huney.
ME- F* NO! (screaming now) you get a F**n mouthguard
S- I don't want no lumpy thing in my mouth while I sleep. It SUCKs
Me- I dont give a shit, just get IT
S - ok ok I will..
Me- and get it fast or you'll be sleeping on the couch
S - Fine.
Me - Fine
The next night, there was still no mouth guard.
Of course he was grinding his teeth so I literally kicked him OFF the bed.
He got up and climbed rite back in saying "Sorry hunney"
It took me a while to get back to sleep and when I did, he started grinding his teeth again. aarrrrgggghhh..
I slapped him rite on his mouth and he quickly sat up (I think he was mad..lol)
Me - You need to go sleep on the couch. I work tomorrow and I need to sleep.
S - Eh *scratching his head and gathering his pillows*
The next day, which was Saturday, S was off to town to find a mouth guard. He came back with nothing. He said he went to all the stores and they don't sell mouth guards. This is all Bullshit I tell ya, because I know for sure that WalMart sells them.
ANyways, last night, I knocked out after Desperate Housewives and Brother's and Sisters while S was camping on Craigslist looking for some good deals.
I got up at around 2:30am for a bathroom run and lo and behold, S was not in bed. I checked the next room to see if he was playing playstation; NOPE, no one there. SO I called him, and he answered with a sleepy voice;
S- "yeah"
Me- Where are you?
S - sleeping on the couch
Me- WHY?
S- so you can get a good sleep.
as much as I wanted to jump for joy and say "Alleluiah AMen";
I told him that it was Ok and that he can come back up and sleep in the bed. (you see mom, I'm not a wicked witch from west) But he better get that mouth guard TODAY
S has a problem when he sleeps. He grinds his darn teeth pretty loudly and it gets on my nerves because he doesn't even know he's doing it. He doesn't hear himself, while I on the other hand, I hear him loud and clear.
It never really bothered me before, as long as I'm asleep before him, I'll be fine because I'm a heavy sleeper. But if he knocks out before I do, then he can be sure that he'd be falling off the bed sometime in the middle of the night.
Lately, I've been having some trouble sleeping, so I wake up to every little squeaky noise. Totally the opposite from before and it's very annoying.
So last week Thursday, we got into it again;
Me - You really need to get a damn mouth guard. You're getting on my nerves
S - What for?
Me- So I don't have to hear you grind your frickin teeth at night.
S - Well then get earplugs *laughing at me*
Me - HELL NO! You're the one with the problem, so you need to fix it
S - I don't have a problem. You're the one with the problem. YOU CAN'T SLEEP
Me - that's because you keep grinding your TEETH dammit
S- yeah, but I can sleep properly, YOU CAN'T
Me - and that's because of YOU.
S - I think you need to get sleeping pills huney.
ME- F* NO! (screaming now) you get a F**n mouthguard
S- I don't want no lumpy thing in my mouth while I sleep. It SUCKs
Me- I dont give a shit, just get IT
S - ok ok I will..
Me- and get it fast or you'll be sleeping on the couch
S - Fine.
Me - Fine
The next night, there was still no mouth guard.
Of course he was grinding his teeth so I literally kicked him OFF the bed.
He got up and climbed rite back in saying "Sorry hunney"
It took me a while to get back to sleep and when I did, he started grinding his teeth again. aarrrrgggghhh..
I slapped him rite on his mouth and he quickly sat up (I think he was mad..lol)
Me - You need to go sleep on the couch. I work tomorrow and I need to sleep.
S - Eh *scratching his head and gathering his pillows*
The next day, which was Saturday, S was off to town to find a mouth guard. He came back with nothing. He said he went to all the stores and they don't sell mouth guards. This is all Bullshit I tell ya, because I know for sure that WalMart sells them.
ANyways, last night, I knocked out after Desperate Housewives and Brother's and Sisters while S was camping on Craigslist looking for some good deals.
I got up at around 2:30am for a bathroom run and lo and behold, S was not in bed. I checked the next room to see if he was playing playstation; NOPE, no one there. SO I called him, and he answered with a sleepy voice;
S- "yeah"
Me- Where are you?
S - sleeping on the couch
Me- WHY?
S- so you can get a good sleep.
as much as I wanted to jump for joy and say "Alleluiah AMen";
I told him that it was Ok and that he can come back up and sleep in the bed. (you see mom, I'm not a wicked witch from west) But he better get that mouth guard TODAY
Comments
I'm glad to report that He got a MOUthguard..YAY..but he said i have to reimburse him $28 for it..which I will NOT..lol
and Mouthguard really does do wonders boys and girls..
So if you're hubbs has the same problem..get that mouthguard..lol
Earplugs? hhmmm..I dont think so Tala..maybe in a million years..hehe