The dream JOB

Have you ever wondered if the career you have now, is the career you've always dreamed of? Is it what you had in mind while you were in School? Is it what you worked towards and wanted to become while you were growing up?

I keep wondering about my career now compared to what I've always wanted to become or wanted as a career.

I remember all the things I wanted to be when I grew up and they all have something to do with me being my OWN BOSS. No one to boss me around, I make my own hours, take vacation whenever, run my own business and do my own thing.
Photographer was always in the picture somewhere, But being in Business Banking for one of the largest Banks in Hawaii was never in the plan.
So yeah, it pays the bills, keeps things going. But am I really happy with the job? Do I enjoy being a Business Banker? Do I like the hours?

Well? NO! I don't like the job. Don't get me wrong, its a really good job with great benefits/perks, the people are friendly, its a wonderful environment and all, But I just don't enjoy doing the work. I feel like I'm just there to get the work done and can't wait to get the heck outta there. It gets too demanding, the hours are inhumane, (I mean common 8:30am to 7:30pm is just not cutting it for me)oh and the headaches, oh gosh the headaches from every Tom Dick and Polo who walks in complaining and whining before they tell me how to do my job.

Mother dearest says I'm a whiner and that I need to get out and get this so called "dream job", if not, then too bad but I'll just have to SUCK IT IN and get on with the show. "The show must go on dear child, and time and tide waits for no man". Those are only some of the words that woman lives by, but gaawwdd it gets so annoying sometimes especially when I don't want to hear it (But I still wuv u mommy)

Anyways, the moral of the story is, FIND the job you love, the career you enjoy. Find that perfect job you look forward to in the morning and enjoy being at the whole day. If you're gonna work long hours, make sure it's a fun rewarding one.

Yes, indeed is the dream, an impossible dream some people may say, But I say, where there's a will there's a way. And I will find that perfect job. Maybe not today or this week or this month or this year, But guarantee that I WILL FIND IT, so help me GOD.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hmm...dream job...have not thought about that in ages and can't think what it would be. Someday though, like you I want to be my own boss...and because I can tell people what to do because I am SOOOOO bossy it's unbelievable!!
kuaback said…
aren't you YOUR OWN BOSS already?..lol

Popular posts from this blog

2 years later

Blog challenge

Get a fan to fan yourself coz it's gonna get pretty STEAMY in here