Ahhhh, Forget It...

I try my best to update this blog as best I can BUT, somehow, it doesn't always end up that way. I either don't ever have the time OR I'm just plain tired(lazy)..

So here's just a recap of what's been happening since my last post.

Leaving on a Jet Plane:

4days before Xmas, we & (our lil niece Mie) caught the 5pm flight out to PagoPago where we had no choice but spend the night and fly out the next morning because there was no more connecting flights from Pago to Upolu (ridiculous).
1pm, 3days before Xmas, we landed at Faleolo airport to the familiar steamy humid breeze blowing at us. GOsh it was fickin' HOT. Nevertheless, it was good to be back home. Sam's dad picked us up from the airport, and I must admit, it was really weird having picked up by someone else from the airport other than my own parents or some of my friends. I guess I'm used to seeing those faces after checking out from customs everytime I get home.
Had lunch with the Meredith Ohana @ Alafua before we drove up 3blocks towards St. Joseph's High School to my house to see my side of the family. This is the first time we've both been back home at the same time since we got married, and it really sucked having to divide the time so we can both spend time with both families. Especially when it came Xmas and New Years days. I wanted to spend both days with my family, but it was hard coz Sam was putting on his baby face coz he wanted to at least spend one holiday with his family..aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!! So we ended up spending Xmas and my birthday with Sam's family and New Years and the rest of our Holiday with my family even though both families are just 3blocks away from each other..lol

New Years @ Lefaga:
Yay my favorite part of the trip. Xmas and New Years at Lefaga are always the best. There is just so much going on and you can't go bored there, Unlike APIA, there's nothing but the pefu of road coz some idiot 17year olds are racing up and down the streets in their broken down taavales.
So anyways, Lefaga, aaahhhhhh..nice cool breeze, clean air, greenery, the gorgeous ocean, the youth playing volleyball infront of the faifeau's house, little one's playing hide and seek next to the church building, women playing bingo in the congregation's faletele, men playing samoan kirikiti (cricket) on the malae while 4 women sit and chit chat in a particular samoan faleo'o, waiting for those driving for picnics @ the Return to Paradise Beach, so they can charge them $20-$50 depending on what kind of vehicle they're driving...hehe..aaaaahhhhhh

On New Years Eve, our family all went to church where we listened to the faifeau go one about what's been done in 2008 and what to look forward to for 2009. It was a frickin long sermon if you ask me, but hey, its ok coz I was asleep through half of it if not the whole thing.
Also, on the eve of New Years/New Years Day, the faifeau gets all the good food from each family in the congregation. It doesn't matter if the family of 8 or 12 end up having only koko samoa and rice, just make sure the chocolate cake, pineapple pie, povi masima, pork chops, fried chicken, lambchops, soupbones etc etc are all taken to the faifeau's house so he, along with his wife and 2 kids can have a nice meal. The truth hurts, but that is the reality of my prideful culture.

Anywhos, we went to Matareva beach for New Years. IT was packed with locals from around the island bringing their foreigners to enjoy the beautiful beach. Needless to say, I got sunburnt bad that day and couldnt really turn when I went to bed that night. aaaahhhhhhh.
New Years was great, lots of delicious food going around and I for one was stuffing my face with all the cravings coz there'll be no more nice home cooked local meals when we get back to reality. *sob sob*
Catching up with family is always fun, reminiscing about the old days and mom telling stories about who was the most crybaby, who was the most ulavale baby, who always gets grounded, who started drinking when she was a baby (blames dad for that), who crashed dad's car, and who always hides in the back of dad's truck to go to Lefaga. woooppsssyyyy.lol
IT was good Fun. Mom and dad are getting old but it's good to see them still on the go everyday. According to mom, they get alot of stuff done and it gives them good exercise and makes them feel younger. hehehehe

The rest of the holidays & in between:
was spent catching up with our friends. Went to piula & movies with Alan and Jackey, Dinner @ Paddles with Lopa and TJ. 2night stay @ Insel & Dinner @ Roko's for our anniverssary which might I add, the food was horrible. Cocktails with the girls @ KokoBanana. Vavau Beach with Rax & Raema. Dinner with all my friends and sam's 2 friends & their other halfs @ my favorite samoan restaurant thus far, RENDEZVOUS. They have great food @ a very good pricing too. The owner, Ms Selma was a great host and the set up was beautiful with a very pleasant environment.

3days before we left:
We spent it shopping for all the goodies to bring back with us. Taro, banana & Ulu chips. Watties tomato sauce because I don't like the US Ketchup. Salulima's for our house. boxes of bongos, peanut ruffs. Kekesaiga's, masipopo's. We bought some samoan handicrafs to sell because samoan handicrafts makes good money here, a couple of TAVs from Janets & my frozen meatpies that mom brought over from NZ. thank you mom

Back to reality:

Now I'm sitting in my office, nothing but the sound of the air con fills the room with my mind still wandering along the streets of Samundah. Gosh I miss home, just not the HOT weather. IT was a good break from all the chaos of L.Town. I guess it's now back to making that money and trying to be a better & healthy person for 2009.

adios all
will be back to update this again when I can

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL - dividing your time between families when you're married is difficult! Try having a family not even on the island which means every year we only see one set at Christmas :( But it's the compromises we make!
kuaback said…
Yeah that's true a ea.
But oh well, I guess you're right, its all the compromises we have to make..darn it..lol
Rowena said…
Man, you stay busy but it's good that you were able to spend time with both sides.

Happy new year, christmas and all of those things that i'm hecka late for, LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

that cheating *basket*

Outrageous 'saogamea'